YEAH baby! My Demo will be here today!

OP
WorldOfJohnboy
Reaction score
Johnny, since your better half has an Incredible I would like your input on the difference.

I have given up waiting on the TB for now but all is not lost. My wife and I both have Moto Droids and loved them but I needed more speed.

I just upgraded to an Incredible for next to nothing and have one more upgrade to do once I see how 4G pans out. I absolutely LOVE the Incredible.

Any and all input is truly appreciated. 5 stars for this thread! :)

IMHO, the TBolt is a bit faster, more responsive screen, and the Sense UI is a bit improved. If I had to do it all over, I would have purchased the Incredible instead of my Droid X. Blur (to me) is horrendous.

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
Johnny, since your better half has an Incredible I would like your input on the difference.

I have given up waiting on the TB for now but all is not lost. My wife and I both have Moto Droids and loved them but I needed more speed.

I just upgraded to an Incredible for next to nothing and have one more upgrade to do once I see how 4G pans out. I absolutely LOVE the Incredible.

IMHO, the TBolt is a bit faster, more responsive screen, and the Sense UI is a bit improved. If I had to do it all over, I would have purchased the Incredible instead of my Droid X. Blur (to me) is horrendous.

Thank you, sir.

I have become a huge HTC fan overnight. But I did not dislike my Moto Droid.

Here's to Geekdom. dancedroid

(btw) I used to drool over the thought of an iphone. Android Rules!

OP
WorldOfJohnboy
Reaction score

Thank you, sir.

One more thing that the HTC phones (and the original Droids) have going for over the new Motorola phones is that their bootloader is unlocked. With the Droid X (and future phones), Moto changed their stance on this and if nothing else have made it difficult on the true Android "Geeks" to put out custom ROMs, etc.

CsonkaBear

Reaction score

Thank you, sir.

One more thing that the HTC phones (and the original Droids) have going for over the new Motorola phones is that their bootloader is unlocked. With the Droid X (and future phones), Moto changed their stance on this and if nothing else have made it difficult on the true Android "Geeks" to put out custom ROMs, etc.

Sounds too "Appleish". Please keep bootloader unlocked.

bluefire7002

Reaction score
I searched for the answer on here and could not come up with it so ill ask you.
How is the screen outside (when the sunlight is hitting it)??
thing I hate about my OG droid is its really hard to text or read my texts out in the sunlight lol

stuigi

Reaction score
thing I hate about my OG droid is its really hard to text or read my texts out in the sunlight lol

Not wanting to start a flame here, but why did you put lol (Laughing Out Loud) after that question. What was funny about it?

bluefire7002

Reaction score

Not wanting to start a flame here, but why did you put lol (Laughing Out Loud) after that question. What was funny about it?

My Iphone buddies all make fun of me having to cover the screen with my other to read texts. I laugh it off :(
and im hoping it wont be the same with the TB

EDIT: Ive seen your sig (stuigi) for the last 2 days and im like retarded I dont get the whole $50 preorder will be worth 30 and its bugging me haha

Last edited:
OP
WorldOfJohnboy
Reaction score

Well, at the level that I have it at (20% brightness, auto-brightness disabled), it is not so good. I have not yet tested it with auto/full brightness, but there is a nice toggle button that HTC gives you that you can quickly change the brightness with. I will have to test it next time there is sunlight (which is rare in Upstate NY).

stuigi

Reaction score

My Iphone buddies all make fun of me having to cover the screen with my other to read texts. I laugh it off :(

EDIT: Ive seen your sig (stuigi) for the last 2 days and im like retarded I dont get the whole $50 preorder will be worth 30 and its bugging me haha

No prob. With inflation and rising costs the dollar becomes worth less and less as time goes by.

bluefire7002

Reaction score

Well, at the level that I have it at (20% brightness, auto-brightness disabled), it is not so good. I have not yet tested it with auto/full brightness, but there is a nice toggle button that HTC gives you that you can quickly change the brightness with. I will have to test it next time there is sunlight (which is rare in Upstate NY).

ahhh okay thanks for the info man. if you get a chance please lemme know thats something I really wish I dont have to deal with upgrading to a new phone

OP
WorldOfJohnboy
Reaction score
ahhh okay thanks for the info man. if you get a chance please lemme know thats something I really wish I dont have to deal with upgrading to a new phone

I don't think it will be an issue... most of the phones nowadays do fine in the sun. Actually, to be honest, the best types of screens in the sun are on the Kindle and the Nook.

vzwuser76

Reaction score

I don't think it will be an issue... most of the phones nowadays do fine in the sun. Actually, to be honest, the best types of screens in the sun are on the Kindle and the Nook.

I just saw a commercial earlier that was touting that. I think it is because their screen has a somewhat matte look to it, compared to the glossy tablet in the ad. I know that the anti-glare screen protectors have the same matte effect. Maybe that would be an alternative if you're really having trouble with it, but don't hold me to it, I use the crystal clear ones (from SGP).

OP
WorldOfJohnboy
Reaction score
I just saw a commercial earlier that was touting that. I think it is because their screen has a somewhat matte look to it, compared to the glossy tablet in the ad. I know that the anti-glare screen protectors have the same matte effect. Maybe that would be an alternative if you're really having trouble with it, but don't hold me to it, I use the crystal clear ones (from SGP).

Yeah, the Kindles and Nook screens look like they are digital pieces of paper... but then again, they are meant to replace books! :cool:

angel35

Reaction score
I dont know if i should wait for the iphone5 or the thunderbolt. I cant wait for all this to be over. Like verizon says SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blackdroid:dancedroid

CsonkaBear

Reaction score

No prob. With inflation and rising costs the dollar becomes worth less and less as time goes by.

I knid of figured that's what you meant.

"Quantitative Easing" :icon_eek: