YEAH baby! My Demo will be here today!

razng2grtboys

Reaction score
Have a safe trip to Syracuse this weekend. Can't wait to hear about your tests using 4G LTE...especially the battery tests.

Awesome stuff in this thread! Thanks again.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Didn't mean to get off topic.. appreciate the insight you've given on the TB in this thread.

Yeah, sorry about that. Back to your thunderbolt demo thread. I should have known that this is the WorldofJohnnyboy.

I'll unsubscribe instead.

Well.... In a way it IS, since the premise is his demo TB :)

Johnnyboy!

I know you are not a gamer for phones, but how about being a homey and testing out the N64 app anyway? :) Just get a few roms first and download/test the app and refund it :)

I still doubt the 8655 can touch the Tegra 2, but I could be wrong. I KNOW the Tegra 2 is great with N64, but do not know for the TB (8655). This simple test will confirm if the newer Snap REALLY is as good as the Tegra 2. Very clearly it will :)

Thanks! :) ;)

8655 wont touch the Tegra 2 when it comes to gaming. Tegra will run circles around it. Not to mention as game developers jump on the Tegra bandwaggon it will be game over. No pun intended : )

Everybody talks about Android fragmentation. I think what is going to cause fragmentation is processors. Case in point is what I said above and then look at netflix and qualcomm. Just my opinion but certainly something to think about.

Sent from my Droid

OP
WorldOfJohnboy
Reaction score
Well.... In a way it IS, since the premise is his demo TB :)

Johnnyboy!

I know you are not a gamer for phones, but how about being a homey and testing out the N64 app anyway? :) Just get a few roms first and download/test the app and refund it :)

I still doubt the 8655 can touch the Tegra 2, but I could be wrong. I KNOW the Tegra 2 is great with N64, but do not know for the TB (8655). This simple test will confirm if the newer Snap REALLY is as good as the Tegra 2. Very clearly it will :)

Thanks! :) ;)

I would rather focus on the Benchmark tests since "performance" is so subjective. I could install and "test" it, but really it is going to be an opinion... what I consider "works great" may be what you would consider "horrible." The WireFly YouTube videos on the TBolt have some benchmarking tests and I also did some other benchmarking earlier this week.

OP
WorldOfJohnboy
Reaction score
Have a safe trip to Syracuse this weekend. Can't wait to hear about your tests using 4G LTE...especially the battery tests.

Awesome stuff in this thread! Thanks again.

I live in the Syracuse area, which has no LTE. I may visit an LTE area, but still not sure.

OP
WorldOfJohnboy
Reaction score
Anyone have some tips/tricks to getting all your contacts linked together? For some reason, many of my Facebook friends are not linking to my phone contacts, so when I place a phone call (or they call me), their picture doesn't appear. I guess that is one nice thing about the MotoBlur, it did link the contacts well.

bhall238

Reaction score
Johnboy I haven't seen this question but if I just didn't see it I'm sorry. Have you gotten any OTA updates since you got the phone? I thought they might have been tweaking things as the testing was proceeding. I was told at lunch today by the manager of a Verizon store that the phones were re flashed by HTC, that the hold up was due to a screen issue, and that the phones were going to be released next week. I wish I could believe him.

OP
WorldOfJohnboy
Reaction score
Johnboy I haven't seen this question but if I just didn't see it I'm sorry. Have you gotten any OTA updates since you got the phone? I thought they might have been tweaking things as the testing was proceeding. I was told at lunch today by the manager of a Verizon store that the phones were re flashed by HTC, that the hold up was due to a screen issue, and that the phones were going to be released next week. I wish I could believe him.

Someone else had claimed that to be the case as well, but I have not gotten any software updates since I got the phone last week. I also just verified, my Software info still reads the same as when I first posted it HERE.

metzor

Reaction score
Anyone have some tips/tricks to getting all your contacts linked together? For some reason, many of my Facebook friends are not linking to my phone contacts, so when I place a phone call (or they call me), their picture doesn't appear. I guess that is one nice thing about the MotoBlur, it did link the contacts well.

I had a similar issue when I was using the contacts widget on Launcher Pro, it didn't link my facebook contacts' pics. There's an app called SyncMyPix, which solved that problem. Maybe that'll work.

OP
WorldOfJohnboy
Reaction score

I had a similar issue when I was using the contacts widget on Launcher Pro, it didn't link my facebook contacts' pics. There's an app called SyncMyPix, which solved that problem. Maybe that'll work.

I'll ask my wife too, she's got the Incredible. The problem with my DX and linking is that I had to remove and then re-add my Facebook account to the "Social Networking" account anytime I wanted their pictures changed. (Meaning: If 10 of my friends changed their Facebook profile picture, it would not change their Contact picture on my phone without removing/re-adding the account on my phone. Also a PITA)

metzor

Reaction score

I'll ask my wife too, she's got the Incredible. The problem with my DX and linking is that I had to remove and then re-add my Facebook account to the "Social Networking" account anytime I wanted their pictures changed. (Meaning: If 10 of my friends changed their Facebook profile picture, it would not change their Contact picture on my phone without removing/re-adding the account on my phone. Also a PITA)

Yeah syncmypix does that. On my OG droid it does a pretty good job of automatically linking your facebook contacts to your phone's.. if it misses some you can find your facebook contact manually and link it to whichever corresponding contact you want. It doesn't require removing or re-adding your FB account.

dbgoolsby

Reaction score
i think you missed my whole point. Instead of using analogies i will make it much simpler.

The thunderbolt is too underpowered to be running over the lte network. It's a 3g device trying to play on a lte network. They are poking and prodding it through software updates.

a device with that size screen at that resolution on a lte network has no business running a single core processor.

to add insult to injury they leave a small battery in it. It's all poorly executed.

i wouldn't say that i missed you point, just that i respectufully disagree with it.

So it is your contention that a single-core processor, etc. Can't handle 4g lte... Well, to me, that is like me saying that my single-core computer running linux can't handle a gigabit ethernet connection and i should just stick with my 100 mb connection.

It is my point of view that the good software (htc sense) doesn't need to run on a dual-core system as it is well designed. Those that are caught up on the dual-core bionic are going to be stuck with the realization that you have a v8 hemi engine in your dodge neon, meanwhile those with the tbolt will be passing you on the racetrack with their audi a7.

+111111111

Rotas

Reaction score
How touch sensitive would you say the screen is?

Like, Iphone sensitive, or what.

OP
WorldOfJohnboy
Reaction score
How touch sensitive would you say the screen is?

Like, Iphone sensitive, or what.

Yes, that is probably a dead-on comparison. I never have to re-press or re-swipe the screen when navigating. I just had to swap out a few of our iPhones for our corporate account and tried the iPhone 4 screen again and noticed how similar the two were.

Rotas

Reaction score
This is extremely good news, I love how sensitive the iphone is :D

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
Johnny, since your better half has an Incredible I would like your input on the difference.

I have given up waiting on the TB for now but all is not lost. My wife and I both have Moto Droids and loved them but I needed more speed.

I just upgraded to an Incredible for next to nothing and have one more upgrade to do once I see how 4G pans out. I absolutely LOVE the Incredible.

Any and all input is truly appreciated. 5 stars for this thread! :)