[YAY] Opera Mini 5 released in beta

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net

Hey all,
this is good news i guess!! Opera Mini 5 for android was released in Beta!

090816opera.png

operamini5.png

Its available via the market and is AMAZING fast! Good when you dont always have 3G networks around!

:icon_ banana:

Tigger

Last edited:

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm using it right now and for the most part it's really nice. Pages load really fast.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Jonk are you able to load the mobile version of this site?

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Jonk are you able to load the mobile version of this site?

Hmmm...honestly I didn't try, I put the settings to always show the desktop version of sites. its wonky with logging in to forums sometimes so I'm back to xScope til it matures a little more lol. I couldn't even login to alldroid.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I was using the beta of this on my Samsung Impression. It was better than the stock browser but nothing impressive. Just tried it out now and I don't like it at all. Alot of pages aren't rendered correctly. Some take forever to load. Scroll is painfully slow.

Corinacakes: No the mobile version of this site does now work. All it gives is a menu. And it didn't prompt to the mobile version either. I had to click into it.

I'll pass on this one.

parkbsu

Reaction score
Tried it for five minutes and uninstalled… First test was a failure – the Google Reader mobile site. Dolphin and stock browsers display perfectly – Opera was simply a list of bulleted links. Second test was a failure - Facebook. Again, plain looking page without the formatting of even the mobile or touch site. Pages just look a lot better in the other browsers. Didn’t give it a chance beyond that. Hopefully the final version will support all page renderings and not skimp on the format. Tabbed browsing is by far the #1 requirement – multitouch, not important. If the stock browser had tabbed browsing, I'd never need an aftermarket browser again.

INFERNO

Reaction score
NicE find.I had really high hopes for this but it sucks.

DurangoJim

Reaction score
How the heck do you zoom in on a page (I feel stupid for asking but I can't figure it out.)

yourhero88

Reaction score
No multitouch? This thing has a long ways to go. Thanks for the link though Tigger.

egambino

Reaction score
It's not bad as a secondary browser, but it just acts a little strange. I have Opera on a laptop and it acts a little buggy there too. I don't use it all that often.

Droidfish

Reaction score
Been using this all morning, it's not a bad browser and the pages do load faster than I'm used to. While it doesn't have pinch to zoom right now it seems unlikely that anyone developing a web browser would omit that these days considering how much of a hot topic is these days.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll give it a shot, but for the moment I'll keep xScope as default. Pretty cool though.