Yay! - ICS for the Rezound finally rolling out?

acejavelin

Reaction score
Am I the only one not to recieve the update? completely stock and not getting anything when I search for new updates :(
You are not the only one, this is being discussed in many of the forums and HTC and Verizon have said this could take up to a month to roll-out completely... some people have had better luck by various methods, battery pull reset, factory default, etc. but basically it will just show up when it gets to you. Be patient, it will come, or just flash the .12 RUU that is available from AndroidPolice and several other outlets, Google can be your friend to find it.

davidm2

Reaction score
Picked up the ICS update for the Rezound over the weekend and... NOT thrilled. Kills battery was getting 10 to 12 hours on Gingerbread, less than 6 on ICS, several ringtone play at barely audible volume, update forced the phone into an endless loop of reboots (had to pull the battery to break the cycle). Seriously have to ask how much testing was performed.

OP
JeffDenver

JeffDenver

Reaction score
The testing must be pretty good...I am running the .5 leak with none of those problems. Battery life for me was virtually the same as with GB.

One possibility...the bloat that comes with the OTA might be to blame. All mine was immediately disabled when I upgraded to the leak. That was the first thing I did. I froze every single non-stock-ICS app I could find.

davidm2

Reaction score
The testing must be pretty good...I am running the .5 leak with none of those problems. Battery life for me was virtually the same as with GB.

One possibility...the bloat that comes with the OTA might be to blame. All mine was immediately disabled when I upgraded to the leak. That was the first thing I did. I froze every single non-stock-ICS app I could find.

Using the OTA not a leak. VZW has acknowledged several of the issues raised hzve been reported by others. Battery life test run in ssfe mode.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
davidm2 said:
Picked up the ICS update for the Rezound over the weekend and... NOT thrilled. Kills battery was getting 10 to 12 hours on Gingerbread, less than 6 on ICS, several ringtone play at barely audible volume, update forced the phone into an endless loop of reboots (had to pull the battery to break the cycle). Seriously have to ask how much testing was performed.

You have a rogue app, its not ICS.

Sent from my HTC Rezound with ICS/Galaxy Siii using Droid Forums

stemo

Reaction score
cybertec69 said:

How does one go about finding a rogue app?

davidm2

Reaction score
cybertec69 said:

It was an OTA upgrade with no rogue apps. Battery problems confirmed by both running in safe mode & also doing a factory reset.