Yay for 5th DX in 9 months!

sweenbeen

Reaction score
I am now officially on my 5th DX! This is absurd! VZW tried to offer me terrible replacements instead of another DX also! Wtf just give me a DX2 and I'll be happy. I am sick of getting DXs that continue to not function properly!

Any one else having as much issues with the DX as I am?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I am now officially on my 5th DX! This is absurd! VZW tried to offer me terrible replacements instead of another DX also! Wtf just give me a DX2 and I'll be happy. I am sick of getting DXs that continue to not function properly!

Any one else having as much issues with the DX as I am?

Yea that is ridiculous, they gave me a d2g in replacement of a d2 on first visit.

OP
sweenbeen

sweenbeen

Reaction score
They wanted to offer the incredible2 or the d2 as a replacement. In my opinion neither phone is a comparable replacement... I could just be crazy though.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
They wanted to offer the incredible2 or the d2 as a replacement. In my opinion neither phone is a comparable replacement... I could just be crazy though.

I dunno, after the 3rd one I'd prob have gone with the Inc2 .. just my opinion lol, for that matter, I would have probably just said give me any phone that works..lol

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think the DI2 is comparable to the DX.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

ABQNM

Reaction score
I was in the same situation in July. I had an X and the earpiece speaker blew again and when I called I was offered an X2 or an Incredible 2. After having used my friend's X2 I took the Incredible 2. I loved the X but the dinc2 is great. It runs flawlessly less the fact that it doesn't have quite as strong of a signal as the X but Moto makes the best CDMA radios anyway. I have been more than happy. Had I not gotten it I would have a Bionic now but now this will hold me over until the Nexus comes out. Heck I wouldn't mind using it until my upgrade is due next August if i weren't such a phone nerd.

From a Moto fan - I really like the dinc2 and think it is better than the DX2 and gets more dev support by far.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

ABQNM

Reaction score
I should add that the dinc2 has 768MB of RAM and overclocks to ridiculous speeds and even at stock speeds just feels faster than the X2 even though the X2 is dual core (only 512MB RAM though). Plus the battery life is much better than any Moto Droid I have ever used.

OP
sweenbeen

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Had probs again so they fast tracked me a dx2 :-D

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

akhi216

Reaction score
I should add that the dinc2 has 768MB of RAM and overclocks to ridiculous speeds and even at stock speeds just feels faster than the X2 even though the X2 is dual core (only 512MB RAM though). Plus the battery life is much better than any Moto Droid I have ever used.

The Dinc2 won't be faster than the X² when it gets ICS. ICS will bring support for hardware acceleration.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
That is alot of replacements.

What exactly goes wrong with your phones though? 5 replacements...wow...

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
After 5 replacements, I would try to find one with good, functioning hardware and just flash an sbf myself to fix the issues. Have you tried this?

OP
sweenbeen

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Well all of the phones had the random reboot problem. They also turned themselves back on after I turned em off. I had some where hard keys failed. I had some with dead pixels. And on top of it all I had my SD card fail on me. And this is to name the stuff off the top of my head.

Lol allllso vzw sent me a referb X2 and right out of the box I can't activate it because the dialer kept hitting a key over and over again! I had to wipe the X2 back to factory settings!

Dude I am the world's worst Irishman! If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all!

Why didn't I sbf on the DXs? I dunno out of spite because vzw can't send a working referb phone? That and I didn't really think about it ... lol

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums