Yahoo Small Business Email App

Stylinmotors

Reaction score
I have Yahoo Small Business Email Account.
The app that comes with the Droid is too basic. Looking for a email app that can:

Sync email, both inbox and outbox, with server.
Sync my contacts.
Has a search function
Doesn't crash every 5 minutes

Anyone ?

rusticofutah

Reaction score
Non pop yahoo small business email syncing solution - no searching feature though

Ok all, I researched all over the internet, called Yahoo, etc. etc. but I could not find a solution to syncing my yahoo small business account on my droid. I troubleshooted for a while and finally found a solution that allows you to:

1 - SYNC your Yahoo email (and not pop it)
2 - SYNC your EMAIL FOLDERS so that you can access them and use them on your phone (This was VITAL for me - couldn't use the phone otherwise).

Since I never found this solution but finally figured it out my wife insisted I share it to help others.

Here are the steps:

1 - Go to SETTINGS on your phone and select ACCOUNTS
2 - select ADD ACCOUNT
3 - select EMAIL ACCOUNTS
4 - select OTHER (not yahoo!)
5 - Enter your your email address**
** I have 2 email accounts - (myname)@(mybusiness).com & (sales)@(mybusiness).com Because of this I used the account that captures both of them; that way they are all in one email account. I believe anyone that has yahoo small business email can use the same; it is webmaster@(yourbusinessemail.com)
6 - Before hitting next UNSELECT the AUTOMATICALLY CONFIGURE ACCOUNT box

7 - For GENERAL SETTINGS name them whatever you want, keeping the email the same ([email protected]) then click OK

8 - Select INCOMING SERVER
select IMAP MAIL SERVER
in the "Server:" section type: imap.mail.yahoo.com
in the "Username:" section type your email: webmaster@(yourbusinessemail.com)
select ADVANCED SETTINGS
select the USE SECURE CONNECTION box (the port should be 993).
click OK
select VERIFY SERVER (it should verify "Success!")
click OK

9 - Select OUTGOING SERVER
in the "SMTP server" section type: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
in the "Username:" section type the USERNAME that you enter to access your email from Yahoo's log-in page
in the "Password:" section type the PASSWORD that you enter to log-in to your email account
select ADVANCED SETTINGS
select the USE SECURE CONNECTION box (the port should be 465)
click OK
select VERIFY SERVER (it should verify "Success!")
click OK

10 - Click OK

THAT'S IT! This syncs to my business email accounts. If I move something to a folder from my computer or phone it changes it on my phone and computer email. If I delete it, it deletes it on my phone and computer email. It takes a little while (10 minutes or so) for the syncing to take place so just be patient.

I actually own a furniture store and am not a computer guy (just a good troubleshooter I guess). If this works for you, GREAT! Feel free to like my company on Facebook as a thank you. Our company is Rustic Log Furniture of Utah, inc. (Rusitic Log Furniture of Utah, Inc. - FURNITURE)