Yahoo Music

SOMDRAVEN

Reaction score
New member. Second post. I searched about this but didnt find anything. I downloaded Yahoo Music. When i open it i get a message that says "You are not connected to Wi-Fi. You will incur data service charges if you continue." Why am i getting this if i have unlimited data? Thanks.

BigTex71

Reaction score
That is a standard message that covers all mobile carriers. Not all carriers offer unlimited data like the Verizon plan we use for the Droid. You are fine, no extra fees will be incurred.

OP
S

SOMDRAVEN

Reaction score
Cool. Thanks. So does this mean i will not be charged whenever i try to send a pic that i took via text. This is the mesage i get. "Converting to MMS message, charges will apply".

BigTex71

Reaction score
Cool. Thanks. So does this mean i will not be charged whenever i try to send a pic that i took via text. This is the mesage i get. "Converting to MMS message, charges will apply".

Texting is separate from data. Unlimited Data is $30 per month. Unlimited text is anywhere from $10 - $20 per month, depending on your overall plan(s). So text messages (SMS and MMS) are NOT included in the unlimited data plan.

maxnicks

Reaction score

Others know more than me, but could it be that the Yahoo! Music app is not connecting through your WIFI but connecting through your 3G? Also, don't you get better sound quality connecting via WIFI than 3G?

OP
S

SOMDRAVEN

Reaction score
Hopefully this will b my last reply to this thread. As far as the texting goes I have a plan with 500 texts. So I shouldn't get charged for any pic mess as long as I don't go over the 500?