Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by txskeets, Nov 6, 2009.
Mine for the past 4-5 hours hasnt been bringing in yahoo mail either. It was working great.
Yeah, mine still isn't working. I did all that was posted, with the imap.mail.yahoo.com, wi fi off, in 3G, but it still tells me that my user name and/or password is incorrect when I just used it to log on on my laptop. Therefore I never get to the SMTP part...anyone else have this issue? Or How to resolve this?
I've noticed if you turn the phone off then back on you get multiple messages all at once.
The problem is how Yahoo implemented their access. The did it in a non-standard way. A brief google search shows that this has been a problem for a very long time. (Pre- Droid)
is this ever going to be addressed by app developers or google or yahoo? it seems that android and iphone users are having a problem with this. coming from a blackberry, i never had any problems with yahoo so i never knew that switching would be such a hassle. i extensively use yahoo mail so i'm kind of stuck.
This did not work for me...my wi-fi is enabled...i enter the imap...but when I push next it starts trying to connect to the server and I get the same invalid usernam/password message as before...any suggestions?
It won't work with wi-fi enabled. Even when you do get it working you'll lose access when wi-fi is on. It has to do with the port being used.
i had yahoo mail working great when i first picked up the droid. then slowly, it got worse to the point i was getting a connection error. i then decided to delete my account and re-enter it. now i get NOTHING! no matter what. i did all of the instructions exactly the same as i did when i first set it up and with wi-fi disabled. doesn't matter what i do i get that effen username/password incorrect error. it is bull****. i have it all in there just as i should. this is so damn ridiculous.
i have tried everything you guys have said to try. and i dont have wi fi turned on and it still says "user name or password incorrect" and i know its right!!! can someone help!!!
alas, i had it working for a few hours. it seems that once you find a way to access, once yahoo finds your access point they block it. it's the only explanation why one can access for a while then never again. i've given up on it. i'm dumping my dacade old yahoo accounts for gmail ones. it's just silly if yahoo thinks i will stick around if they force me to choose between them and google. yahoo provides no support. only reason i stayed with them for this long is because of loyalty. i've been with them for years. but if this is how they operate now, trying to force us to pay to be able to use their service on mobiles then i'll just move on. i've already switched my email from yahoo to gmail on most of my stuff. i suggest you do the same.
I started having problems with a sbcglobal account this morning. First with the account sending multiple emails. Then the droid not sending or receiving. Rather than using default settings, did the manual method like you guys recommended, but with these setting and its working.
Email Program Settings Field: Enter: Incoming (POP) pop.att.yahoo.com Outgoing (SMTP) smtp.att.yahoo.com
(requires authentication) Incoming mail server: POP3 Incoming/Outgoing User Name: Full AT&T email address, including domain (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com) Incoming mail port #: 995, secure connection (SSL) checked Outgoing mail port # 465, secure connection (SSL) checked
The mail server settings above will work with all of the following AT&T domains:
great post thanks a ton