Yahoo Mail?

mrtosh

Reaction score
Its faster to load up yahoomail.com then to wait for the emails to load on the phone itself at this point... almost to the point of going back to the storm over this issue.

Last edited:

tenbbs

Reaction score
Nice of them to fix it...

This issue is listed as to be addressed in the update on the 11th. It's listed on this TSB at the bottom
DROID and DROID Eris Getting OTA Update on December 11th ? | Android Central

It's pretty bothersome that the 5 page document outlining the known problems was released on November 5th:
Motorola Droid OTA Update Coming December 11th? | Android Phone Fans

And the Moto DROID itself was released on November 6th, with both Moto and VZ KNOWING it had 5 pages worth of problems:
Hello Humans: Droid By Motorola Arrives Next Week

Thanks alot VZ and Moto - working together to release low-quality products in time for the holiday season!

Meh. At least it /should/ get fixed before XMas. At least I haven't turned off my BB yet.

-FP

LordKastle

Reaction score
10ACTony makes a good point. This more-so than anything is what is causing the problem. For anyone who gives troubleshooting later on this forum later remember what he said.

"I'm considering going over to Yahoo Mail Plus for $20/yr to get rid of this problem. I'm not so sure that Yahoo will be in a hurry to 'fix' this issue. They supply free email with unlimited storage because of the ads on the web version or the $20/yr for the paid version. If they let you use a fully functional, problem free email service with out either of the above they'll be loosing money."

DroidFan

Reaction score
I find it interesting that it works for some people and not others. I have a basic Ymail (ymail.com vs. yahoo.com) account and I've had it up and running since day 1. Granted, it doesn't always sync quickly, and I'll hit "refresh" every once in a while, but overall, it continues to work....fortunately, it's not my primary email account....

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
And the Moto DROID itself was released on November 6th, with both Moto and VZ KNOWING it had 5 pages worth of problems
Not uncommon. No one waits to release a product until all issues are resolved.

mrtosh

Reaction score
Fixed!!

I know this may seem stupid but if you have Advanced task killer make sure that the email tab is not clicked. I de-clicked it and have been recieving emails about every 5mins as per setup. I kept shutting down the email app w/task killer. Fixed for me. Give it a try

vass0922

Reaction score
This issue is listed as to be addressed in the update on the 11th. It's listed on this TSB at the bottom
DROID and DROID Eris Getting OTA Update on December 11th ? | Android Central

It's pretty bothersome that the 5 page document outlining the known problems was released on November 5th:
Motorola Droid OTA Update Coming December 11th? | Android Phone Fans

And the Moto DROID itself was released on November 6th, with both Moto and VZ KNOWING it had 5 pages worth of problems:
Hello Humans: Droid By Motorola Arrives Next Week

Thanks alot VZ and Moto - working together to release low-quality products in time for the holiday season!

Meh. At least it /should/ get fixed before XMas. At least I haven't turned off my BB yet.

-FP

5 pages is nothing for a device with this many features
In fact I can guarantee this is just a small subset of ALL of the bugs. I'd bet Moto has a DB to track of all of the bugs, and to export that would be a long spreadsheet. most are bugs you wouldnt' notice unless you happened to push the right buttons in the right order.
Even iPhone and blackberries, and crappy phones like the Razr would have a long spreadsheet of bugs. If companies were to wait for a bug list of a simple 5 pages the product would never be released.

The two bugs that bother me is yahoo not automatically pulling (yahoo mail works fine to sync manually, but rarely does it automatically) and no facebook notifications... both relatively minor overall seeing as my yahoo mail is strictly personal and not time critical.

btw, I seem to remember Windows XP was released with bugs numbering in the millions

Last edited:

JamesButabi

Reaction score
My brothers droid has the incorrect username/pw problem. Ive set mine up successfully. His wifi is off, all entries are correct. Only possible thing I can think of is he has a swear word in his pw. Any possibility this is getting filtered?

scotty5150

Reaction score
I've tried all these suggestions and can't get it to work. Wifi is off. I've triple-checked the input fields. Totally stumped here.

I really need one Yahoo account on this phone. It's a work address.

Keep getting the user/pass incorrect error.

scotty5150

Reaction score
I know there's little left to suggest, but does anyone have any ideas at all? User/pass is correct. The imap.mail.yahoo.com field is correct. Wifi is off. This is very frustrating. :mad:

skrewdup

Reaction score
I know there's little left to suggest, but does anyone have any ideas at all? User/pass is correct. The imap.mail.yahoo.com field is correct. Wifi is off. This is very frustrating. :mad:

Well at least you are not the only one having issue accessing yahoo email. Been trying all night and all morning. So far still no go...:mad:

mrtosh

Reaction score
Don't suppose you've seen the video showing how to setup your yahoo account have you? Make sure you have it unchecked in the task killer as well. Solved my issues. Hope that helps.

skrewdup

Reaction score
Don't suppose you've seen the video showing how to setup your yahoo account have you? Make sure you have it unchecked in the task killer as well. Solved my issues. Hope that helps.

Went into VZW store to get screen protector and the rep told me that half the people are having issue with yahoo email at the moment. Told me to check manually via browser for the time being...