Yahoo Mail?

CharlieJ

Reaction score
OUTGOING
SMTP Server- smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com
port - 25
security type - TLS (if available)
* check Require sign-in

My yahoo.com email setup didn't work until I added ".mobile." to the SMTP server name in the IMAP settings (under Manual Setup). Now, it works like a charm. Have it set to pull mail every 15 minutes, too. Very cool!

jwd45244

Reaction score
One of the reasons that Yahoo mail doesn't work on WiFi:

Many ISP refuse to allow SMTP (port 25) connections for out-bound e-mail unless it goes through their SMTP servers. When you are connected via WiFi you are using ISP's Network and therefore follow their rules.

memoself

Reaction score
I'm still unable to connect to server. I'm with att. How do I know what att's settings are? I put in all the yahoo stuff but changed yahoo to att. It still says unable to connect. My gmail is fine. I'm using manual also.

Aaron636r

Reaction score
I have yahoo working without a paid account. However, for some reason when the email I send gets to the person the words are all jumbled and make no since at all. Very weird.

robboxedit

Reaction score
I was having issues with my access to yahoo mail being available for a while and then it would give me the "username or password incorrect" notice. Hours later it would be available again. Very frustrating. However, following these instructions and the ones in the now closed thread with a youtube video (which I think needs to be stickied or archived someplace on the forum....moderators? :)) I deleted my old yahoo account off my phone and re-set it up and it works great. As stated a few times the key is to turn off wi-fi. This however brings up my question which is now that it's set up do I have to just avoid wi-fi all together for fear of this happening again? Or is it just during set up.

Thanks again to all for the great info and insight from the people on this sight. Its been VERY helpful and I absolutly LOVE this phone!

TMH478

Reaction score
I have the pay service and I still get the Invalid User Name and Password when I know it's correct. Like some of you said, it works sporadically. It is really irritating.

quint15

Reaction score
sent mail from droid using yahoo mail

i replied to an email yesterday from my droid, and today i checked the sent folder, and it sent that message about 300 times from my yahoo account, anybody else having this problem. i sent my self an email from my work email, and i replied from my droid checked the sent mail, and it sent twice. anyone know why this is happening!
thanks
quint15

kdee22

Reaction score
My Yahoo account was working sporadically and when I called tech support they had me delete it. Now, I can't get it to set back up (imap) even with WiFi off. Am I ever going to be able to set it back up again?

kobe1kanobe

Reaction score
I found this and it worked for me. It wont 'push' the email like gmail, but I have it set to pull every 10 minutes.

Go to manual setup > IMAP account and change to these settings....

Imap server - imap.mail.yahoo.com

SMTP Server- smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

Good deal. This worked! Thank you!!!!

Awaesome, finally got yahoo mail working...thanks a million:icon_ banana:

mrtosh

Reaction score
I got the yahoo account working, but am not recieving the emails until I click on the folder and it refresh's the account. Anybody having this issue? It's set to check every 5 mins.