Yahoo Mail?

350-Jason

Reaction score
I set up the SMTP to be smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com and left it at the default port. Setup seemed to go thru successfully. I am able to receive Yahoo! email but I am not able to send email. The sent email sits in the outbox. When I click send it says "Connection error". My WIFI is turned off (I am using 3G only)

Thanks.

i have the same problem, but a different email server. :(

jwd45244

Reaction score
OUTGOING
SMTP Server- smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com
port - 25
security type - TLS (if available)
* check Require sign-in

gmurthy

Reaction score
Port number 25 worked!

Thanks jwd45244. I changed the port to 25 on OUTGOING and it worked. I left the security type to None.

Thanks again.

memoself

Reaction score
When I go into my apps, I have "gmail" and "email", which do I choose? Also, I'm with Att.net, will this work with them?

OP
txskeets

txskeets

Reaction score
You should set this up through "email". Yes it will work with att.net, but you need to match the settings to at&t's settings, not the yahoo ones above.

DroidFan

Reaction score
What if I'm using ymail (vs. yahoo.com, it's ymail.com)... then would I replace the yahoo with ymail.? Or still use yahoo?

memoself

Reaction score
You should set this up through "email". Yes it will work with att.net, but you need to match the settings to at&t's settings, not the yahoo ones above.

What???? I'm sooo dumb to this stuff. I don't know the difference between any of it. I used the POP option on one try. Didn't know I wasn't suppose to do it. Please help me.

memoself

Reaction score
OK, I did all the things I was suppose to do. My message is "unable to open connection to server" What am I doing wrong?

jwd45244

Reaction score
OK, I did all the things I was suppose to do. My message is "unable to open connection to server" What am I doing wrong?

Are you trying to connect using WiFi or 3G. It does not work using WiFi

davidalolo

Reaction score
No problem, glad I could help. I'm coming from a Blackberry so I've been spoiled with the push email on the Berry. Having to get used to not getting that instant email notification on the yahoo account (granted, it pulls every 10 minutes). I may look at yahoo's mail plus upgrade and see what I think about that.
what about @ymail.com

jetnc

Reaction score
Great Info!

I was trying to figure this out by myself and failed......but the instructions that were posted worked great!

Thanks for the help!!!