Yahoo Mail?

OP
txskeets

txskeets

Reaction score
When you go 'Email' and add an account, after you enter your username and password, the manual setup button will light up in the lower left hand corner of the screen. Click it and then change the settings as listed.

OP
txskeets

txskeets

Reaction score
Well, you officially have me stumped!

muddy00

Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing, guessing because we dont have the upgraded email from yahoo.

SEGA

Reaction score
I thought you had to pay $19.99 a year for the Yahoo.Mailplus+, to have Yahoo.mail working on phones and things like Windowslive Mail

OP
txskeets

txskeets

Reaction score
You dont need to have the upgraded yahoo mail to do this. My yahoo mail is just regular yahoo mail and this worked fine for me. Dont see the need to pay Yahoo 20 bucks a year so I can basically have POP access.

muddy00

Reaction score
Ok try these settings, this worked for mine and I dont have upgraded account

go to mail icon
add account
enter email address in email address filed ([email protected])
enter password at password field
select MANUAL SETUP not next
select imap
username= [email protected]
password = yourpassword
imap server= imap.mail.yahoo.com
port=143
security=none
optional = blank
select next

you will then be prompted to sign in do so.

will then be taken to the smptp settings which only prompts (going form memory) you for address which is smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com. leave the port as is. then select next. sign in. name your account and that's it.

muddy00

Reaction score
just says incorrect username or password, but i know its right
Thats what mine was doing also with the orginal post, but the one below worked for me.

go to mail icon
add account
enter email address in email address filed ([email protected])
enter password at password field
select MANUAL SETUP not next
select imap
username= [email protected]
password = yourpassword
imap server= imap.mail.yahoo.com
port=143
security=none
optional = blank
select next

you will then be prompted to sign in do so.

will then be taken to the smptp settings which only prompts (going form memory) you for address which is smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com. leave the port as is. then select next. sign in. name your account and that's it.

momendo

Reaction score
muddy00 is correct. The trick is to turn off WiFi so your IP address is from the Verizon network. It won't authenticate if you're using anything else.

You must be on 3G to use Yahoo mail IMAP.

You're welcome! :)

Last edited:

a73

Reaction score
YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!! turning off wi-fi for the initial setup did the trick. Though when I turn wi-fi back on, it won't download yahoo mail. Guess i'll have to stick with 3G, though at least I can get my yahoo mail without upgrading to yahoo plus

OP
txskeets

txskeets

Reaction score
I didnt even think about WiFi....when I set mine up I was just on '3G'. Nice catch!

gmurthy

Reaction score
Able to receive Yahoo! email but not send email

I set up the SMTP to be smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com and left it at the default port. Setup seemed to go thru successfully. I am able to receive Yahoo! email but I am not able to send email. The sent email sits in the outbox. When I click send it says "Connection error". My WIFI is turned off (I am using 3G only)

Thanks.