yahoo mail: sent email duplicates

polack

Reaction score
I was having that multiple Texting problem also, found it to be the Anti-Virus app was constantly trying to update. As it was attempting to update multiple Text Messages were being sent out to the party I was Texting with. I deleted the Anti Virus App and downloaded the Advance Taskiller App to shut everything down I didn't need when the phone was off. I have had no more problems sense.

Hope this Helps...

I wasn't having trouble with texts. and i'm not running an antivirus app. my problem is with emails. but thanks anyways.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
This is the saddest thing about the Droid, IT Cant do email well... yahoo, outlook/exchange, POP3, IMAP whatever it is I think this is lame.
Motorola, Google, Verizon WTF? EMAIL has be out for well over a decade think you wouldn't have beta type bugs on such a standards based application...

this is not a carrier issue, if it were a carrier issue it would happen on the Blackberries as well.. its a software issue.. Android issue.. its sad.. Emailing on the smartphone should be solid and its far from solid..

multiple sent emails in yahoo, gmail push/sync not instant.. pretty weak..

the real question is, is nexus having these issues.. will google redeem themselfs with 2.1?

i just checked my yahoo sent box.. tons of crap in there.. how lame.

what a smartphone..... so glad i still have my Blackberry Tour to revert too..

i am not recommending this phone to friends and family.. i dont wanna hear the crap about it.. how emailing sucks

Last edited:

stbdtack123

Reaction score
same problem with dupe sent messages in email. contacted yahoo twice got a form letter back that said they were working on it and in the meantime to use the web-based version. I dont want to switch to Gmail . anybody figure out a solution?

97,050 messages in my sent box now, lol. Im just going to see how big it will get.

Kr4zexghost

Reaction score
yeah, i got the same problem too. When it happened to the first time, i thought it sent over hundreds of email to the receiver so i apologized to her for having to see all that spam of the same emails but she said she only got one, so i guess its just on our end that it shows up on.

Think they'll have this fix in the 2.1 update? because i really hate having to only use a pc to send emails when my phone that should be able to do it w/o a problem, cant.

jmt9779

Reaction score
This is clearly a widespread issue. Just wanted to post that I'm having it too (and subscribing to this thread.) My sent items are up to 12,276 :)

calyel

Reaction score
I am deleting the 25,000 on mine right now, of the 43,912 there is on there, strange it only deletes 25,000 at a time.

I am also having another issue with my yahoo mail. I had gotten down to 0 unread yesterday and today I had 38 unread emails and about 30 were from before yesterday. this is probably a different issue altogether, maybe my yahoo account was full of the 25,000 sent messages... oi.

mcm180

Reaction score
Damn .....its true what they say ....it could always be worse....I thought deleting my "9000 allegedly sent" duplicate yahoo msgs was bad ...hahaha no fix yet. Oh well... finally I miss my blackberry.

Ok I'm over it. Lol

TatDroid

Reaction score
It does no good to delete them, they just keep coming back. I've deleted all the mail in my "sent mail" folder TWICE (once when it got over 100,000 messages), but the same messages will keep coming back. Last week I emptied the folder again (25,000 messages at a time), but today it's back up to 45,000 messages. And the dates on the sent mail items go all the way back to Nov 10th. It's the SAME messages coming back again - so it does NO GOOD to delete them. Any email sent from your Droid will reappear in your sent mail folder - over and over and over again.

Oh, and it does no good to change the settings in your Yahoo account to NOT save a copy in your sent mail folder. That will stop email you send from a computer, but it WILL NOT stop sent mail that you send from your Droid.

And don't bother deleting messages from your Droid either. Sometimes those will reappear in your inbox, too. I read my Yahoo mail from my Droid, but I wait until I'm at my computer to delete them.

I think it's safe to say Yahoo mail does not work too well with the Droid.

a73

Reaction score
I give up. Same issue with thousands of duplicates. I think I'm just going to transition to the mobile yahoo mail site on my droid and use it in a browser (m.yahoo.com)

tjs

Reaction score
Had the same problem but not as many repeats. I uninstalled Yahoo and instead of reinstalling from the phone, I went to Yahoo mail and where it says "mobile mail" in the upper right, used that and I haven't had the problem any more. Don't know if that solved the problem or it just stopped on its own.

Kr4zexghost

Reaction score
well if it makes any of us feel better, i believe i saw on a website that when 2.1 hits our phones, Yahoo mail would soon work properly. I dont know if thats gonna be true, but i sure hope so. Maybe now when you send an email from the phone, it wont send out a million duplicates.

Artchi

Reaction score
Ok, before I upgraded my Thunderbolt software this morning, only the sent items in my Yahoo mail is duplicated. Now after the software upgrade, the received items are now duplicated as well.