yahoo mail problems

chaosic

Reaction score
Ok I havde 2 droids. 1 is working without a glitch. My fionces yahoo mail will not connect to her email. Before anyone states the obvious..... I know how to manuelly setup the imap mail. I have done so on my phone and continue to bde able to use my yahoo and can even add her yahoo accounts to my droid. Yet on her's it states wrong email or password. I have tried a master reset already as well. I called verizon tech support and even moterola support and the assure me its not a phone issue eventhough other droids it works on. I was even told that droid had a fix coming out for it, but yet the last time it updated it did nothing to fix it. I am getting extreamly annoyed at the fact that apperently tech support who has answers doesn't or can't give a stright answer.....

barryp3403

Reaction score
What happens when you try to look at your Yahoo account on your fiances phone?

OP
C

chaosic

Reaction score
Here's gets that stupid connection error or name/password wrong. Even when doing a Manuel set up. I know the settings r correct and even had it working on her first Droid before it had to be replaced because the screen died

isitkiller

Reaction score
I get the same issue. I can not connect to Yahoo mail. I tried again and again but it
keeps saying wrong username/password.

My BB Storm was much better!
Alas! Please fix this............

JayMonster

Reaction score
Yahoo! Mail requires you have a Yahoo! Mail Plus account. I have read several people getting it to work intermittently without paying for it, but unless you have a "Plus" account, the connection is not necessarily going to work, it is not a Droid problem, it is that you are connecting to a server you are not allowed to connect to unless you pay for a premium Yahoo! account.

barryp3403

Reaction score
Yahoo! Mail requires you have a Yahoo! Mail Plus account. I have read several people getting it to work intermittently without paying for it, but unless you have a "Plus" account, the connection is not necessarily going to work, it is not a Droid problem, it is that you are connecting to a server you are not allowed to connect to unless you pay for a premium Yahoo! account.
I have a yahoo plus account but I didn't realize it was a requirement. Thanks.

MickeyG

Reaction score
I could never get imap to work from my free Yahoo mail account either, although I have friends who have connected with no problem whatsoever.

POP mail does work though. It's less reliable at syncing than imap, but better than nothing I guess...