Yahoo mail on Droid 3

spower

Reaction score
Yahoo mail app on phone, it all of a sudden stopped syncing. It refreshes but it is not getting the emails. It is showing emails up until yesterday. Any idea how to fix this? I have rebooted phone, force stopped app...nothing.

Thanks!

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/8560-rom-eclipse-v30-6512/page__st__860

It did that with me and I downloaded the Yahoo Mail app off the market but I made my notification light blink and it was pissing me off. Following that link will get the stock email app set up properly.

Try this link. There is a post a few posts down stating how to get Yahoo working properly. See if this helps and report back, please.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

Last edited:
OP
spower

spower

Reaction score
Ok tried setting on that site, did not work, put back to my settings, still not fixed.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Hmm... it worked for me... not sure what to tell you. I'm sorry. Maybe someone else has an idea...

OP
spower

spower

Reaction score
Anybody else having this problem? My email still isn't working. Any other ideas??

OP
spower

spower

Reaction score
Yahoo mail seems to be having some problems right now so maybe my mobile problem was just the start of something......I can only hope :biggrin:

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Yahoo mail seems to be having some problems right now so maybe my mobile problem was just the start of something......I can only hope :biggrin:

Maybe. When I first got my phone in November of last year, the stock email app worked fine for me. Until several months ago. Then I had to go play with the settings and used that post I directed you to to fix everything. I only found it a few weeks ago. I wasn't able to use my email app for a few months.

OP
spower

spower

Reaction score
Hmm don't know, recieved one email 11:30 last night and that was it, I of course has several more but they didn't come in on my phone. I can't figure it out. The setting on that link you gave me won't work at all, I get an error using the ports it supplies. The only ports where I don't get an error are 143 for incoming and 587 for outgoing.

Still searching for an answer.......

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Hmm... well, I'm sorry, but I'm stumped. I'm sorry that I couldn't help you more. I hope you can get it figured out soon.

OP
spower

spower

Reaction score
Weird!!! Email started working about an hour ago and seems to be fine now.......go figure???

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Weird!!! Email started working about an hour ago and seems to be fine now.......go figure???

Spastic Yahoo, at it again. ;) Glad it's working for you.

OP
spower

spower

Reaction score
Me too, thanks for trying to help, appreciate it :)

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
No problem. :) I wish I could've helped more, though.

OP
spower

spower

Reaction score
So it has happened again!! Email stopped coming in last night. Guess I will just wait for it to start working again. Sure would like to know what the heck the problem is :angry:

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
You could always download the Yahoo Mail app off the market. You'll be bugged by a purple light every so often, but you'll be getting your mail.