Yahoo Mail Not Working

mikeprof99

Reaction score
Ok...the problem started this morning. I have 4 Yahoo accounts and 3 are working fine except 1. I am not able to receive any emails; however, I can send emails and see all of the folders. I deleted the account and added again still the same problem. I rebooted the phone and still the same problem.

Does anyone know how to fix this? When I access that email account it say no email. I am using standard Yahoo mail that comes with Droid Incredible. I am not using Yahoo Mail app. I installed it today and I can access all email accounts but it is sucking up battery at a supersonic speed.

lisasha3

Reaction score
I have the same exact problem! Mine started about 3 days ago. I have 2 yahoo accounts. One is fine. I receive mail all the time. The other one stopped receiving mail. I have done the same as you - delete and re add. Somethings up here. Help someone! Thanks!

jo1nan

Reaction score
Yahoo mail not syncing

I have 3 accounts and only 1 is working. The 1 that does work is Yahoo Plus. Other 2 are standard free accounts. Not using yahoo app on any of them.

Stopped receiving emails on June 24th. Can still send them.

Google search indicates this is a wide spread problem. Anyone have any ideas?

Bearcats

Reaction score
Same here. Wife and my accounts do not update/pull. While I could care less as I have essentially moved to gmail, she has not and its getting irritating to her.

Hopefully I can move her to gmail finally.

rdlm

Reaction score
I have two Yahoo email accounts on my Inc, and my wife has one Yahoo email account on her Inc2. One of the two accounts on my phone stopped working monday afternoon, while the rest continue to work.

I reset the settings on the one broken account, which cleared out all previously downloaded emails. I now get a "No mail" msg displayed, but a button that says "Get more messages" and "197 messages total on server". That "197" count correctly goes up/down based on the number of messages in my inbox on that account, so I know the phone is talking successfully with my Yahoo account -- it just can't seem to download any of the messages.

I've seen lots of other posts that: a) lots of smartphones are broken, and b) if you use the Yahoo Mail downloadable app, it works. I'm hoping this issue gets resoved soon, as I really don't want to change email apps...

lemodular

Reaction score
I posted this on another thread. Not sure it would apply here but worth a try:

My Yahoo mail also stopped syncing. After various failed attempts including deleting and re-installing my accounts many times, my email is finally working again without installing a third party app. My solution was simply deleting the old account, reboot and then re-added the account then reboot again (windows mentality, lol). Not sure why that worked for me, perhaps a coincidence with Yahoo's servers kicking in or a true fix. I have a DX btw.

lisasha3

Reaction score
Mine just just started working again tonight. After what..4 days? Not sure if I followed the exact order as above, but in all my attempts to fix this issue I guess I "could" have accidentally done things in that order. Can't tell you for sure. All I know is it's randomly working again so maybe problem is fixed?
Anyone else randomly getting theirs again?

jo1nan

Reaction score
and just like that my emails started showing up again. i made no attempts to fix so it must have benn on yahoo's end.

hope others start getting their emails soon

rdlm

Reaction score
Mine started working again just a few hours ago. No changes made on my side, but very glad it's back!

cris

Reaction score
it might be yahoo it self, my messanger on my labtop has been kicking me off at least 3 times a day, i also got a email saying they are upgrading the mail. could also be a server problem

marcjac

Reaction score
I have a feeling it may be due to Yahoo's pending email upgrade. I got an email from Yahoo telling me I need to upgrade to their new platform (on my pc). I've been using the "old" email for years and I think they're making some changes behind the scenes to force everyone to move to the new platform. This doesn't impact mobile devices directly (at least I don't THINK so), but perhaps they took their mobile servers offline or something? Like everyone above, I've also had no syncing for a while. Mine started about a week ago but apparently got fixed recently. I started using the Yahoo mail app (from the Market) as opposed to the android mail app. But today I see I can again use the stock android mail app... weird!