Yahoo mail issue after ICS

vitgintamr

Reaction score
After my recent update, my yahoo doesn't even sync anymore. I have to manually go in and hit refresh to get my emails to pop up. It's the same on my wives phone.

ldubs

Reaction score
Get MailDroid. I've used it for years. True imap folders and true push email. It works flawlessly.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

jetguat

Reaction score
After my recent update, my yahoo doesn't even sync anymore. I have to manually go in and hit refresh to get my emails to pop up. It's the same on my wives phone.

If you see the "y!" logo next to the mail, then your phone is using a different yahoo! customized mail app. Follow the earlier posts and remove the yahoo! account and then add it again using the common mail app. its quite simple and you dont lose anything.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Haven't liked the ICS built-in Yahoo email account since i first tried it months ago using ICS leaks. I've returned to the Yahoo app found in marketplace. It does what i need dependably without feeding my emails through Verizon, what's up with that crap?

Sent from my Supasonic Bionic!

baldy54

Reaction score
I am getting error message all of a sudden "the password for yahoo! is incorrect. Please inter the correct password." yahoo mail works fine on all my other systems, any ideas?

TonyBoD

Reaction score
I am getting error message all of a sudden "the password for yahoo! is incorrect. Please inter the correct password." yahoo mail works fine on all my other systems, any ideas?
<br><br>I've seen that many times as well - I always figured it was because I was an early Yahoo! user and my original Yahoo! username had a space in it - at some point it was converted so that the space became a + and I've had issues with that from time to time - I don't think the Yahoo! APIs called by various external systems like the + character.<br><br>In any event, without any way to have mail sorted into the correct folder the native e-mail widget is useless to me. I downloaded the Yahoo! mail app in the marketplace and use that - the drawback is that I don't have a widget that shows me e-mail as it is received.

LBrooks

Reaction score
Have you guys tried clearing the app cache for the programs you're using for mail? That cleared up several issues blah blah blah ...

vitgintamr

Reaction score
I tried everything listed above on mine and my wives phone. Yahoo just wouldn't push anymore. Only way to get emails were to manually go in and sync and that's not a very good option.

Maildroid was mention above.. tried it and it works great. For those of you having the same problems with yahoo now, this has worked perfectly so far.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've used the Yahoo! Mail app for the Yahoo mail from Froyo, GB and ICS without any problems.

bigred8380

Reaction score
I've used the Yahoo! Mail app for the Yahoo mail from Froyo, GB and ICS without any problems.

Same here, has worked flawlessly the entire time I've had it...GB and through all leaks of ICS and now OTA.

vitgintamr

Reaction score
I could still send and receive emails from both of our phones but neither of them would automatically notify of new emails coming in as in comparison to txt or something. We both have to manually open yahoo up and hit refresh. We never changed any settings on our phones other than the update. I tried all of the recommendations above to no avail on either phone. Dunno.. wish I knew what it was. All I know is it quit working after the update and hasn't worked the same since.