Yahoo mail help

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S5 Discussions' started by Duke of Advil, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Duke of Advil

Duke of Advil Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I stopped getting notifications that I have mail. When I go to the email app it doesn't list any new, so I refresh and then I get the new ones and about 300- 400 that I have already deleted.
    I have even deleted the account and reloaded it with the same issue.
    Please help me locate the settings and show me how it should be set to correct this, THANKS!

2. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,829
    Twitter:
    jstaff79
    I've had issues with the yahoo app. It's not very good. You could try a different mail app.

3. Duke of Advil

Duke of Advil Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I have been using the email app that comes preloaded on the phone and not tried the yahoo app.

4. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,396
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    In the email app, go to settings, Manage accounts, your.name@yahoo.com, sync settings and check there.

You may also want to check "Accounts" under the main settings for the device itself.

The snarky guy in my head wants me to tell you that it's probably just time to cancel the yahoo account altogether, but I'm not going to go there. ;)

5. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +7,362
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid Z Force
    I had a Yahoo mail account long before my first Android phone and G Mail. My Yahoo mail is linked to all of my banking & bills, so I also use the stock Mail app, but a different model phone. (I like to keep these messages separate from the G Mail app). Every once in a while my Yahoo mail will stop syncing for a short time and my phone will alert me that my sign-in / sync failed. When that happens I also can't check mail from a PC also, so I know it's a problem with the Yahoo mail servers. But I have never had hundreds of deleted messages show up at once. You could try a different e-mail app like Type Mail (Type Mail has great reviews on the Play Store & it's free), or even the G Mail app lets you check mail from other accounts like Yahoo. See if you have the same results using a different app with the same Yahoo account. That would help isolate whether the issue is with the E Mail app on your phone (maybe a setting somewhere) or with the Yahoo mail servers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008 Active Member

Ratings:
    +96
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung GS5
    For the last year I've been using MailDroid and love it.
    MailDroid - Free Email App - Android Apps on Google Play

You can have as many email accounts as you want. It hasn't failed me yet. After using the trial, I decided to buy it.