Yahoo mail email help please!!!!

ciscocv84

Reaction score
ok guys, so i just got my droid a few days ago and i come from a blackberry. i love the phone and it is something i want to stick with. i am very familiar with technology and i have followed the directions on how to set up an email account over and over. i have honestly tried this for two days in a room. in multiple locations with the wifi always off!!! i cannot get this darn thing to accept my information. i have followed the video tutorials, the directions on this forum, crackberry, and androidcentral as well!! nothing is working. i have read and seen in some places that you need yahoo mail plus and others that you do not need it. i finally tried a separate email account which is live/hotmail and that worked instantly!! my email is really important to me so i would greatly appreciate all of the help i can get. or some kind of solution to this problem. i have also heard that on the dec 11th upgrade will fix this issue. is this something i need to wait for or can i do it before than. please help a member out and help me find a solution to this problem that is making me pull my hair out!!!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
there have been a number of people very recently stating that yahoo will not accept their info. i will state however you DO NOT need yahoo mail plus to get this to work. I have my main email from yahoo set up on the droid and it works 100%. I just tried to add a secondary account i have on yahoo, and it worked fine also. Can you please tell me the EXACT settings you are trying to use.

OP
C

ciscocv84

Reaction score
yahoo mail help please!!

i am going to the email tab
since i have my live account on there now i am then going to add account
inputting my yahoo user name and password
then going to manual set up
choosing imap
then putting my username on yahoo [email protected]
my password for my account
imap.mail.yahoo.com
port 143 and then touching the next key
and then it tells me wrong user name and password!!!

it happens every single time!!! please help me out!!!

Tx_Cowboy

Reaction score
Ok all I had to do is put in my info, then went to the page to set up the incoming and out going. I was told that some ppl are unable to set it up right now. But any wayi had to put in smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com then imap.mail.yahoo.com but its all lower caseand also don't know if this has any thing to do with it but my account name set up is Yahoo.mail

OP
C

ciscocv84

Reaction score
no i do not have wifi on... ive tried eveything you guys are talking about and nothing. so what else can i try?????

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
some people have mentioned a battery pull and it worked, that is a rarer case. The other thing is trying to download "touchdown" for a 5-day free trial.. mainly just to try to set up your yahoo account on there and seeing if it works.