yahoo mail app

Discussion in 'Android Support' started by granitemon, Sep 3, 2010.

1. granitemon

granitemon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, here's what I did. Pain in the ass? YES. Did it work? YES.

I sent myself a pic out of my gallery from gmail. Opened the message with yahoo app, clicked on the attatchment and waited forever for it to load. I was able to view it, but it didn't automatically show up in my gallery either.

At this point, I could have used astro to move the pic up to DCIM, and create a folder for it. I think if you wait long enough, it will show up in the gallery on its own.

But instead of waiting, I did a battery pull, turned the phone back on, and there was the pic in my galllery.

Absolute pain in the ass, but do able.

Can I also suggest an app for viewing photos. Search market for "big picture viewer." Its a free app. Since the upgrade back in april, the gallery only displays in 16 bitmap, wheras this app shows in 24.

You'll really notice how much better your pics look. Let me know what you think, or if you have any questions.
    Mark

2. johnnycool001

johnnycool001 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First thank you for your effort in this matter. I did notice that some pics I was trying to download the other day did in fact show up today. I was trying to figuer out how the hell that happened. now I know. So I guess now evertime you view an attachment it auto downloads but don't immedatly show up. unless you reboot. I looked at 2 attiments this morning at 5:30am at 1:45pm they were not in the gallery but was in the yahoo cache. I downloaded large pictuer viewer. (cool app) not their, hit refrese, not their then. poof their they are. check the gallery they are their too. did the new app do it? I don't know. guess the astro methoid is going to be the fastst and most relible. Now I don't like the fact that ever attachment you view it downloads and will show up sometime maybe. I don't nessery want to save every attachment I look at, so now I guess I will have to keep looking and deleating want I don't want.

3. granitemon

granitemon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad I could help. I wish everyone with a droid would get that large viewer app. Yeah, the droid isn't a professional camera, but I think that most people who complain about the camera snap a shot, and go right to the stock gallery to see the "results." Of course the pics look like crap in there. When I'm out shooting something, I ALWAYS check my pics in this viewer before leaving the scene.

Furthermore, I discovered that at max resolution, droid is 2592x1936. Most computer monitors are only 1024x?. In other words, you can't even see the true quality unless you have it professionally developed, or have a gigantic computer monitor.

I recently took some pics for my new brochure (for my business) to the print shop. He actually didn't believe that I had taken them on a cell phone. Low light is really this camera's only enemy. Outdoors though, unless you're doing really artsy shots, I would put it up against any $300 camera.

4. johnnycool001

johnnycool001 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The yahoo mail app got an update the other day. I was hopping that they fixed some of the issues. NOPE still can't get an attachment to show up in the gallery without a reboot. still can't change the notification sound. still have wrong folder counts. yesterday it was almost unusable. everytime I would send a message it would get hung up in the out box the only way to get it to send would be back out of the app and reopen it then it would go. also if i tried to open a message from the notification bar it would never load again have to back out and reopen. also was sending two of each message. restarted the phone and it seems to be better today. I haven't been able to get k9 to setup. and from what I have read it doesn't do push. Come on Yahoo make the app work right.

Search tags for this page
cant open links on yahoo mail app
droid pics yahoo mail
how to have yahoo mail shortcut for android
how to save a pic from yahoo on rezound

how to save pics from yahoo mail app

mail gofindit com loc:us
saving photos yahoo mail droid
where are pictures saved in yahoo mail app
yahoo mail app original message in replies
yahoo mail app save attachment