yahoo mail app

granitemon

Reaction score
I've been using the yahoo mail app for a while now, and have run into my first problem. For some reason, when I get a message from gmail, I get about 40 lines of code/gibberish. I noticed this on about 5 emails today, so I reinstalled the app.

The messages that were screwed up, are now fixed.

But, as I received more gmails, the jibberish thing started again. The old emails remained fixed though.

What I've found is that if I want to see messages properly, I have to either reinstall, or do the "remove account" essentially signing out then back in.

I've not seen any other posts, or anything that indicates it is a known issue. I'm guessing its a brand new malfunction, and people will begin to notice.

So if anyone is using the yahoo app, let me know what happens if you get a gmail.

missminda

Reaction score
I just started using the app the other day and am having the same issue with emails received from gmail accounts. I either get the gibberish or I can't view the text at all. It will show the previous email, but not the response.

johnnycool001

Reaction score
uncheck the two line preview, should fix the jibberish issue. also do a search of yahoo mail. they are another thead that talks about this issue and attachment issues of this crappy yahoo app

OP
G

granitemon

Reaction score
I must be subscribed to the other thread already, because I recall posting several replies, and I don't see them here. Ill try to find the other thread