Yahoo Mail App and Battery Life

PatG

Reaction score
I installed the Yahoo Mail App about 2 weeks ago. Seems like after I installed it the battery life on my Droid has gotten much worse. Has anyone else seen that?

I like the interface, but unfortunately I get way too much junk mail on the account. So I actually don't like having mail pushed to the phone. Can anyone suggest a mail app that is better than the stock mail app that came with the Droid; and that can handle Yahoo mail?

Thanks

a73

Reaction score
did you check your "battery use" details? For me, the yahoo mail app shows almost zero battery usage. Of course if you're receiving hundreds of emails per day and spending a lot of time in the yahoo mail app, that's a different story, but YMMV. Why don't you bookmark the mobile yahoo mail web page and leave the bookmark on your desktop? that's what I did before the yahoo mail app came out, and it was the fastest way to get my yahoo mail (and is still faster than the yahoo mail app). Plus this method feels like an app, though it's just a web page

OP
P

PatG

Reaction score
Battery use of the Yahoo App is only at 2%. That's why I don't understand why my battery use is higher, but it definitely is. I only get about 30 e-mails or so on my yahoo account, not 100s. There must be something in the background that is tied to the Yahoo App that is draining the battery.

harrellj

Reaction score
Better mail app than stock would be k9. Whether it'll handle Yahoo mail though, I dunno.