Yahoo IMs in my Inbox...

darkangel402

Reaction score
How do I get the IMs that I get from YIM to stop coming into my inbox? It's kind of annoying when I just wanna check my mail and there's all these IMs there. I've tried looking in the email options but I can't find anything :(

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its going to be @ yahoo's website.
Not sure exactly (i don't use YIM anymore.

Try going to messengers settings and looking for some type of email notification setting ..

Edit: using a pc..
----posted maxx'ed out----

OP
D

darkangel402

Reaction score
Its going to be @ yahoo's website.
Not sure exactly (i don't use YIM anymore.

Try going to messengers settings and looking for some type of email notification setting ..

Edit: using a pc..
----posted maxx'ed out----

Could it be because I'm keeping a history of my IMs? I don't see any email notification settings...

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Is it saving them in the inbox?

I use Yahoo!, but not their IM, and I have a special folder for YIM convos. Which was just auto generated.

On the desktop. Are you using the newer Yahoo mail, or the older one?

OP
D

darkangel402

Reaction score
Is it saving them in the inbox?

I use Yahoo!, but not their IM, and I have a special folder for YIM convos. Which was just auto generated.

On the desktop. Are you using the newer Yahoo mail, or the older one?

Yeah, every time I go to check my mail, I have to go through all these convos before I find my unread emails and all. On my desktop I'm using the newer version of Yahoo mail.

G_Rossney

Reaction score
How do I get the IMs that I get from YIM to stop coming into my inbox? It's kind of annoying when I just wanna check my mail and there's all these IMs there. I've tried looking in the email options but I can't find anything :(

It's actually simple. I had this happen to me. When you setup the account you have options to choose, DO NOT SELECT using the Yahoo account at setup, Use "Other". It works just fine, but you don't get the annoying IM notifications in your inbox. The nifty "Yahoo" mail setup that has the Yahoo "Y" icon is the issue.

go back and remove the account and add your Yahoo Account but use the "Other" option, do not use the "Yahoo" option.

I hope that helps.

OP
D

darkangel402

Reaction score
G_Rossney said:
It's actually simple. I had this happen to me. When you setup the account you have options to choose, DO NOT SELECT using the Yahoo account at setup, Use "Other". It works just fine, but you don't get the annoying IM notifications in your inbox. The nifty "Yahoo" mail setup that has the Yahoo "Y" icon is the issue.

go back and remove the account and add your Yahoo Account but use the "Other" option, do not use the "Yahoo" option.

I hope that helps.

Ah, thank you so much!! I just tried it and it works! Finally, I have just my emails and no convos :D

Thanks again!!