Yahoo Email Setup...help!

gs883hd

Reaction score
Okay, I just recently got the Droid X, I previously had the Droid. When I set up my yahoo email on the Droid, I just googled how to do it and found a very helpful youtube video that gave me the specifics I needed.

For the Droid X, no such luck. I have found multiple answers, and different info to enter into the imap and smtp settings. I have tried them all, but no luck yet.

Can anyone out there give me SPECIFIC answers, on what to enter and check for EACH window. Or if you could send me a link or video.

It might be something simple that I am missing, but I am just about ready to start thumping my head against the wall lol.

Thanks in advance for the help!

zippy

Reaction score
First, Turn off wifi if it's on. Imap doesn't work with wifi.

Under General Settings: Account name, Real name, and Email address are pretty self explanatory

Incoming Server:
Server: android.imap.mail.yahoo.com
Port: 993
Username: your yahoo email address
check both: Use secure connection and Verify Certificate

Outgoing Server:
SMTP server: android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Port: 465
Username: your yahoo email address
Password: your yahoo email password
check both: Use secure connection and Verify Certificate

Other settings: set to the number of messages you want to sync

That's it. Let me know if you have any problems.

zippy

Reaction score
Oh, and there's also an app in the market if you prefer called "Yahoo! Mail for Android" by Yahoo! Inc. However, you can only set up one account so it doesn't work well for me as I have multiple Yahoo email accounts.

K

kbatrph

thanks for your help on this......i've never had to add the "android" part before or change the port numbers....your advise was right on!