Yahoo Email problems

azaskew

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am using my yahoo email with the new droid. I have a couple of issues I thought maybe someone could help me out with.

1. I was expecting my Droid to work like my bro's crackberry... instantly notifiying when I receive an email. I currently have my notification set to "every 5 minutes". It seems to take more like an hour to be notified sometimes.

2. My other issue is that when I send or reply to an email with my Droid it appears about 50 times in my sent mailbox when I am checking online.

If anyone has any input or if either of these issues have been addressed elsewhere, please advise.

Thanks,
AZ

luckmylife

Reaction score
I don't have any answers for you but I do have a problem to add on top of those. When I delete emails they show up again about five minutes after I delete them.

bkallday

Reaction score
azaskew I have the exact same problem but I get a least 150 emails sent for 1...LOL

twogolfmike

Reaction score
Why does this issue continue to be ignored? I've been searching the forum for answers and all the threads seem to stop after 3 or so posts from people with the same issues - then nothing.

This is something that needs immediate attention by either Verizon, Motorola, Google or Yahoo.

It is EXTREMELY annoying and makes the phone more of a nuisance than a serious tool for accessing email. The time spent checking, deleting - and then, deleting AGAIN in the silly configured trash folder is just stupid!

It's crap like this that makes iPhone/BlackBerry fanboys!

Pineapple

Reaction score
Well I do know that you have to have a premium yahoo mail account if you want instant notifications.
I have had no issues with deletetions or multiple sending and I am using the web based mobile version.
Sorry I cant help but it is a little info....

evil_O

Reaction score
...constant issue here too. NO ONE has posted a resolve (there is no saying that upgrading to a premium yahoo account would resolve the multiple email issue). Not that I have seen anyway.

Very annoying. This was a NON issue with the iPhone.

Silver Member
Reaction score
the default email app is like running Outlook on your desktop (or even on a WinMo device). the big different between BB and Android is what's native. Google/GMAIL is native to Android, so if you want push mail and instant notifications, you need to use GMAIL. this is true with BB also. you might be able to use another email client on BB or have the BB email client go out and check mail for you on intervals, but no other mail on BB is push like BB mail.

if you can help it, stop using the default email program and have GMAIL check your POP3 accounts instead.

twogolfmike

Reaction score
While I think everyone appreciates and understands what is 'native' on Android. It doesn't discount the issue that there FAR many more users on Yahoo than GMail and allowances should/need to be made for playing outside the sandbox.

To constantly have these devices crippled by carriers and or manufacturers to satisfy their own ego is not right and a huge disservice to the customer. For Google to expect everyone to ditch their Yahoo accounts or have them sent through GMail is pretty arrogant.

It doesn't even look like Google has any clue to what is required for a useable email service anyway. What's with having to select each individual email for deletion? No 'select all'? No 'empty trash'? Stupid.

Google did a great job with Android. But they are playing in a different ballpark from their search engine domain. The arrogance doesn't translate.

Silver Member
Reaction score
While I think everyone appreciates and understands what is 'native' on Android. It doesn't discount the issue that there FAR many more users on Yahoo than GMail and allowances should/need to be made for playing outside the sandbox.

To constantly have these devices crippled by carriers and or manufacturers to satisfy their own ego is not right and a huge disservice to the customer. For Google to expect everyone to ditch their Yahoo accounts or have them sent through GMail is pretty arrogant.

It doesn't even look like Google has any clue to what is required for a useable email service anyway. What's with having to select each individual email for deletion? No 'select all'? No 'empty trash'? Stupid.

Google did a great job with Android. But they are playing in a different ballpark from their search engine domain. The arrogance doesn't translate.
I think you're WAY off base here to the point that I smell troll...

1. It's a Google phone. Yahoo! is their direct competitor, why should they bite?

2. The carrier has nothing to do with the choice of the phone's capabilities to support email.

3. Their GMAIL app is fine, allows you to select multiple messages and if you need to perform mass operations, their mobile gmail.com site works beautifully with the phone and is very easy to navigate.

twogolfmike

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply...

... and, no troll. Just a VERY frustrated smartphone user. In fact, I believe I gave kudos to Android.

Bottom line, one cannot buy a smartphone anymore and expect it to actually 'communicate.'

We can spent days discussing how far off base I am but it doesn't solve the issues more than a few people are having with email other than Gmail. Email is not bleeding edge technology anymore and being able to access - and actually use - email without getting old messages resent and to efficiently manage messages within folders (specifically being able to empty a trash folder) should be basic enough functions to be expected irregardless of OS and whose program is 'native'. Buying a smartphone should not have to be predicated on the email program that is crippled the least - which is the strategy Google seems to have adopted.

Ii sometimes think my five-year-old Treo with its antique OS is much more 'thought out' than some of the latest and greatest currently on the market.

Again... the issues noted on this thread - and others - still have yet to be resolved by anyone other than 'use Gmail'. And, I understand perfectly its not the responsibility of this forum to actually resolve hardware/software issues. Although, the tips, advice, clarification and overall expertise is greatly appreciated.

Hence... the frustration.

nicks124

Reaction score
email issue

I also am having this issue with the sent box over 11,000 emails in there now from the phone repeating itself. This is become a serious issue and has even made me consider switching service I don't want a blackberry and I wanted something like Iphone. Droid too buggy.

scarrz

Reaction score
Same here, I've used Yahoo for approx. 9 years along with 100's of contacts who have the email address. It is certainly an issue to just "Swap" emails to a gmail account because android/droid decides it does not want to handle them.

I cannot believe this has not become a very big issue? Anybody have a fix? Where's the verizon tech that strolls this board?

tbever

Reaction score
I am a longtime yahoo mail user and I could not get any resolution to this issue either. My solution was to go to K9 opensource client for email and use this to access Yahoo via IMAP: it works with my Yahoo plus acct without any problems. I wasted a lot of time and effort on trying to get the native Android client to work but it just doesn't. As a backup I also have gmail access my Yahoo account using the POP3 feature and put all the Yahoo mail under a separate label but "skip the inbox".

The more I use gmail, the more I like it. It is more versatile and customizable. I am keeping both Yahoo and gmail but I am slowly transitioning everything over to gmail.

neb32

Reaction score
I have premium Yahoo account. I am not having issues with sending the email. But it will not update the in box. On first power up it works good than after uncertain amount of time it just flakes out and doesn't receive new messages.
It also than alerts me for new messages that are not opened but not new.
Some times it will even download more emails than is set up through settings.
I also can not delete them thru the phone. I need to log on to yahoo to do that.
And of coarse it say server unavailable some times.
I do not want to switch to another email and feel it is uneccassary to set up and ulternate way of recieving email.

Phones have been doing this for years get with it Google/Motorola/Yahoo.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
just installed K9 Mail client and setup yahoo.. sent an test email, i do not see thousands of emails in my sent box.. only have had K9 installed for 10min tho..