yahoo email help

Tmurrray315

Reaction score
Ok so i basically gave up on trying to get yahoo email working on my phone. I tried everything i changed the imap setting and stmp it worked but i didnt get any notifications of new emails then when the 2.1 update came out it said it will support yahoo email but still have the same prob so if any can tell me wat do do? Does any know of this issue

Mule65

Reaction score
I got stock 2.1 automatically set up as follows after entering Yahoo ID and password:

incoming:
android.imap.mail.yahoo.com
Port 993
SSL
Optional - Imap path pref

outgoing:
SMTP Server
android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
port 465

Make sure notification is on. I set my frequency to 15 minutes (free Yahoo email can't be pushed). Cycle power. Doesn't play nice with WiFi, so disable.

OP
T

Tmurrray315

Reaction score
Ya i have the free yahoo email i changed those setting and still I get notifications of new emails

howard e

Reaction score
I have the same settings working on mine... but it often has either a connection problem or a password issue which last for a few hours. I tried changing the setting to various things I read on the web but all I can do is wait it out - eventually it corrects inself. Seems like some type of incompatibility... or Google trying to convince me to dump Yahoomail and move to Gmail

howard e

Reaction score
from the email screen - 'add account' and follow the screens inputting email address and PW. The settings above from Mule65 were automaticly updated on my Droid.

OP
T

Tmurrray315

Reaction score
So does free yahoo mail works on the droid? I mean i can get it setup on my phone but i dont get any notifications of new emails does anyone know why

gavinsnana

Reaction score
Yes, the free yahoo mail works. I have four different account for personal and business and they all work and I get notified when new emails come in. The only issue I have had is making sure my Wi-Fi is not enabled if I want my Yahoo accounts to work.

OP
T

Tmurrray315

Reaction score
How did you get it to work cause i set up my yahoo Mai but it doesnt notify of new emails

gavinsnana

Reaction score
I go into each individual email account settings and make sure that edmail notifications are checked for each account that I want to be notified for. Then make sure that your email check frequency is not checked for 'never'. (I made that mistake)

gavinsnana

Reaction score
i don't have it set for 'never'. When I first got my phone that is what it was set at and I did not know why my email was not working. Now I have it set for 30 minutes and it works great.

OP
T

Tmurrray315

Reaction score
Oh ok does it work if u set it to every 15 min cause for me thats wat i did and it will never notify me of new emails

robboxedit

Reaction score
It's always worked pretty well for me set for 15 minutes. maybe the occasional gap where it misses notifying me but it usually works the next time around.

My question is if its still having the "sent" mail issue. where it repeatedly fills up your sent mail folder with copies of the emails sent from the Droid? it wont send repeatedly to the person you're sending to but I occasionally have to go into my sent folder to find a specific email and Im not a fan of sifting through literally tens of thousands of copies of emails to find just one. it was so bad that I havent actually sent an email from the Droid in 5 months.

Anyone know if this is solved yet?

bigjonmoo73

Reaction score
Ok, so unless I am slow and/or blind, I can't find the option to add a new email account or whatever. I am running Smoke Glass ROM, I don't know if this helps or not.