Yahoo email doesn't work on wifi

zook_b

Reaction score
Just like the title says. My Yahoo email doesn't work when I have the wifis (lol) turned on but comes back when I'm back on 3G. Anyone else have this problem.

For the record, Gmail still works fine in wifi.

Thalinor

Reaction score
Very well known issue that is also the case with the original Droid and probably other Android phones. I can't remember if it was an issue with my Droid Incredible as I did not have it that long and do not use Wi-Fi often enough to notice. I have heard all sorts of reasons from conspiracy theories about a Google blocking Yahoo to blame games that yahoo mail wants you to pay for pop access. Who knows what the truth is but you are correct that yahoo mail does not work on Wi-Fi. I would not expect a fix soon.

OP
zook_b

zook_b

Reaction score
Thanks. I never used the wifi on my droid before I got the x so I guess I missed the memo. Lol

I might try that app for yahoo and just report back to let everyone know.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

CrashF16

Reaction score
Same issue when trying to use my RoadRunner email.

Brian626

Reaction score
.edu account

I can receive emails fine, it's sending them that I can't do. Been trying to find a solution on my own since the release.

I tried the trick where you check and uncheck the boxes in outgoing mail in setup and also the wifi disconnect.

Tried to change port from 445 to 25 to 587 as well, then went through the above.

I'm using "rci.rutgers.edu" account, receives emails just fine. The tech people in the university don't seem to know how to alleviate this problem either

I am chock out of options, any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all in advance

Blayzejlm

Reaction score
I have the official Yahoo mail app and it has the same problem too.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the official Yahoo mail app and it has the same problem too.

That's surprising. I have an old yahoo account. I check it through the browser so I've never seen this problem.

I can receive emails fine, it's sending them that I can't do. Been trying to find a solution on my own since the release.

I tried the trick where you check and uncheck the boxes in outgoing mail in setup and also the wifi disconnect.

Tried to change port from 445 to 25 to 587 as well, then went through the above.

I'm using "rci.rutgers.edu" account, receives emails just fine. The tech people in the university don't seem to know how to alleviate this problem either

I am chock out of options, any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all in advance

The rutgers server probably only allows mail to be sent if you're connected directly to their network...like via wifi on campus, not 3G. Have you tried sending mail when connected on campus?

CrashF16

Reaction score
Mine works now on wifi. Here are my current settings for Roadrunner:

Incoming Server--
server: pop-server.sc.rr.com (will be slightly different depending on state you live in)
port: 110
user name: (my complete email address [email protected])
password: yep, type your password here

No Check on "Use secure connection"
"Verify Certificate" Checked

Outgoing Server--
SMTP Server: smtp-server.sc.rr.com
port: 25
User name: full email address
Password: self-explanatory

No Check on "Use secure connection"
"Verify Certificate" Checked

Hope that helps --