Yahoo e-mail

Vink70

Reaction score
i cant even get my droid to log into my yahoo. says something is incorrect but i know it is correct because i do it on my computer right after i try on the phone.

rec08

Reaction score
This is because for American yahoo account, unless you pay for Yahoo pro....you cant use droid email app for yahoo accounts. there are ways around it.....change your yahoo account to chinese......or do what I did, just use the droids web browser and go to your yahoo mail, and save the link on your home screen....

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
This is because for American yahoo account, unless you pay for Yahoo pro....you cant use droid email app for yahoo accounts. there are ways around it.....change your yahoo account to chinese......or do what I did, just use the droids web browser and go to your yahoo mail, and save the link on your home screen....

Not true... I use my three yahoo acounts all the time with the droid e-mail app and get notifications...

It just doesn't work on wifi... watch the video posted above

joelangley

Reaction score
re: yahoo

Actually, yahoo does have some issues for users on android...even using the settings above. I wrote an application that you may find useful called MailDroid that solves yahoo issues that many people have had. Also, I updated the application that it does work over wifi...you can get it here:

https://slideme.org/application/maildroid-096-beta

lemodular

Reaction score
no probs with with my 2 yahoo accounts here. Not through wifi though, will look at maildroid. Does maildroid provide color coded led for notifications? If not, that would be a request.

joelangley

Reaction score
re: maildroid and LED lights

Actually yes, in .97 which should roll out towards the end of this week. .97 has full featured settings (right now it only has basic settings of signature and vibrate notification) including font size, led lights, ring, ring tone, profiles (if you have used blackberry it is similar to that), and a few more things.

TBV

Reaction score
Non yahoo plus must be set up manually as an imap.

Start by entering your address and password as usual, you will get an error prompt, choose manual setup, choose imap...

In the top box for the incoming server info make sure in the first box the id is the full address including @yahoo.com

In the incoming server box enter: imap.mail.yahoo.com

Scroll down and hit Enter, the program should process the shift to the outgoing info screen

In the top box enter: smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com, scroll down and hit Next....that should do the trick for ya...TBV

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
It just doesn't work on wifi... watch the video posted above
Even turning WiFi off doesn't guarantee that Yahoo will work. My fiancee doesn't use WiFi and she definitely doesn't turn it on (I turned it off for her) and Yahoo support is hit-and-miss for her.

msu

Reaction score
Non yahoo plus must be set up manually as an imap.

Start by entering your address and password as usual, you will get an error prompt, choose manual setup, choose imap...

In the top box for the incoming server info make sure in the first box the id is the full address including @yahoo.com

In the incoming server box enter: imap.mail.yahoo.com

Scroll down and hit Enter, the program should process the shift to the outgoing info screen

In the top box enter: smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com, scroll down and hit Next....that should do the trick for ya...TBV

Ok, I'm game. I use Yahoo as my main mail and the Gmail as my secondary, plus I have my work. I have my gmail and work mail (corporate) pushing to my phone via the sync/accounts. How do I add Yahoo also. Do I need to use something like K-9?
Right now all I'm using is a Yahoo app that takes me to the mail page and I have to log in. Basically just like a browser. But, I think it sucks and messes up a lot.

msu

Reaction score
Never mind, just installed K9 set it up and away I went.

jboucheb

Reaction score
Actually, yahoo does have some issues for users on android...even using the settings above. I wrote an application that you may find useful called MailDroid that solves yahoo issues that many people have had. Also, I updated the application that it does work over wifi...you can get it here:

https://slideme.org/application/maildroid-096-beta

How do you find this application in the marketplace? I can't find it. I also tried to download it from the URL above, but I keep getting "Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later."

Once I download it, how do I install it? yes, i'm rooted :)

Thanks.

EDIT: Forget it, thanks everybody. I found it here:

http://andappstore.com/AndroidAppli...w;jsessionid=32BD17EA29334C84D1977FAA50ED2FFA

and I figured out how to install it. no replies necessary.