Yahoo e-mail issue

Androidatic

Reaction score
I am able to send and receive Yahoo e-mail (IMAP) without issues, but cannot access any of my extra folders from the phone, when I send an-e-mail from the phone it doesn't show up as sent when I access Yahoo mail from the PC and when messages are deleted they do not show up in the Trash folder of the phone or on the web.

Anyone else having these issues?

Blizzard

Reaction score
I have the same issues with Yahoo. If I delete an email on the phone it is still in the PC. On my Dare, if I deleted it on the phone it was deleted from the PC.On the Eris the 2 inboxes (phone and PC) seem to be independent.

Is it possible to have them linked??

xfeathersx

Reaction score
Right now yahoo mail is not fully supported, it is on the list of fixes of the upgrade coming around Dec. 11th...Be patient...

TatDroid

Reaction score
Yes, I was also able to set up my Moto Droid (and my daughter's Droid Eris as well) to push email using the IMAP settings, but it's obviously a bit buggy. I CAN send, receive, and delete email from my Droid (when I delete them on my Droid they ARE deleted from my mail account), but I have noticed that when I go to my Yahoo mail account on my computer and check my "sent" mail folder, any email sent from my Droid will have HUNDREDS of copies of that sent email in the sent mail folder. It's wild! The people I send the email to only receive it once, but it appears literally hundreds of times in the sent mail folder. I have no idea what that's all about...

JackButler

Reaction score
So, if I can ask..all the mishaps and such of getting regualr yahoo email pushed to the Eris can be taken care of or is actually not a problem?
Thia is my decision maker, getting the Eris or BB Tour in a few hours.
I don't want to bank my phone purchase on any upcoming updates, just need to know if I can get my yahoo pushed on current 1.5 ?
Thanks for the reassurance.

TatDroid

Reaction score
It sounds like it can be hit or miss. I was able to set up my Moto Droid to push Yahoo mail with 1 simple set up. I was also able to set up my daughter's Droid Eris to push Yahoo mail - but for some reason it took multiple tries over 2 days before it worked. I kept getting the error message that my password or user name was not correct. But eventually, for whatever reason, it did finally accept the settings and is now working for her. I used the settings that I described here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-droid-eris/5098-email-accounts.html

JackButler

Reaction score
We all just got new phones, I did indeed come home with the Eris. The folks there even tried to help me setup the yahoo, even though they aren't "supposed" to.
Anyways, they kept trying and so have I...no luck, dang it!
I'll try your advice and keep at it every few days, apprecaiet the tips and anymore.

Now to find out what this phone can do!

terryj42

Reaction score
Yahoo mail configuration troubles.

Newbie here. Got my Droid yesterday. I configured Yahoo mail soon after getting home and had zero trouble connecting and downloading my mail. Today, though, I keep getting the error others are reporting: my username or password are incorrect. Weird. I went so far as to delete that email account and recreate it, to no avail. Even tried a completely different Yahoo account (my "junk" account). Could this be something Yahoo has done?

Of course, I can get my Yahoo mail via the Droid browser, so all is not lost, but it's still a bit frustrating.

JackButler

Reaction score
Do I check the imap protocol? I would think, but asking since this isn;t working yet.

terryj42

Reaction score
IMAP is what you want for Yahoo mail. I believe there is a POP version but it's not free.

JackButler

Reaction score
Still not working.
HEre's my latest issue...setup gmail to receive my yahoo and it worked fine, a little delay no big issue...now it isn't receiving my yahoo anymore.
Any clue?

RDDAWN

Reaction score
anyone know how to add additional yahoo email address? I've finally gotten the first one to take but I dont know how to add a second yahoo email acct. when I open the email icon it just takes me to the current one already set up.

JackButler

Reaction score
You try different port #'s or something? I still can't get mine going....so I set up a shortcut to the browswer for it...until it works or an update!