YAHOO Apps now Here

DIRTYDOGG

Reaction score
Yahoo has Launch 3 apps in the App store

Yahoo Mail

Yahoo Messenger

Yahoo Search

I been a long time Yahoo user so this a bigg + for me :)

More info @ Androidheadline

android-pr-qr-codes12-300x183.jpg

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Nice. I dont really use yahoo mail or messenger anymore, but it's nice to see official apps from yahoo.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Nice. I dont really use yahoo mail or messenger anymore, but it's nice to see official apps from yahoo.

Maybe now the Yahoo peeps will quit crying....:D

But seriously this is a great thing, now if only MSN gets off their duff.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It just keeps coming. IMDB the other day, all the froyo goodness, news about Gingerbread. Definitely good to see bigger mainstream companies jumping onboard. Netflix and Blockbuster will be nice. And I'm looking forward to seeing this Reckless Racing game too. I'm also not a yahoo user but good news for those that are!

shochman

Reaction score
I was excited to find Yahoo mail this morning, but unfortunately it is very slow and appears to use a lot of memory. When running with Launcher Pro, it constantly FCs. Also, all of the mail is bold faced so it is impossible to determine which mail is unread. Hopefully, future updates will resolve these problems. I will continue to use MailDroid.

schellbl

Reaction score
I have to agree that it is a little slow but seems to be working fine. Haven't had any FCs and I'm using launcher pro. I would like it to have more customizations but overall it is a good start.

hogowner

Reaction score
I was excited to find Yahoo mail this morning, but unfortunately it is very slow and appears to use a lot of memory. When running with Launcher Pro, it constantly FCs. Also, all of the mail is bold faced so it is impossible to determine which mail is unread. Hopefully, future updates will resolve these problems. I will continue to use MailDroid.

it is fast and quick for me.......using SS 4.2.......not using Launcher Pro....no FC'S at all..the mail gets pushed to me FAST!!!!!!!!

also....FYI.......the mail that is unread has a purple mark (square) next the left of the e mail that is unread

Sal

Reaction score

it is fast and quick for me.......using SS 4.2.......not using Launcher Pro....no FC'S at all..the mail gets pushed to me FAST!!!!!!!!

also....FYI.......the mail that is unread has a purple mark (square) next the left of the e mail that is unread

Awesome! Really excited about this. Would love to hear more feedback, like: does sending attachments with this app cause the same sync frustrations as attaching photos,etc. with Gmail?

sparty569

Reaction score
I have had 0 FC's since installing it this morning. I use LauncherPro, with the Kangerade 0.3.4. It is slow opening, but after that, it runs pretty well, for me at least.

Would be nice if there was a mail widget now. :)

Sal

Reaction score
Just reading The Market reviews from today. They said you cant delete an email without opening it. That kinda sucks. Also, people were saying that you can't open/read attachments. Even Yahoo's mobile browser UI is better than that. Hmm. Maybe I should wait until some updates...

sparty569

Reaction score
Just reading The Market reviews from today. They said you cant delete an email without opening it. That kinda sucks. Also, people were saying that you can't open/read attachments. Even Yahoo's mobile browser UI is better than that. Hmm. Maybe I should wait until some updates...
Why wait? Why not try it for yourself and see what you like and dislike about it and post it here. Hopefully a yahoo dev is reading this forum. Probably not, but you never know.

Sal

Reaction score
Why wait? Why not try it for yourself and see what you like and dislike about it and post it here. Hopefully a yahoo dev is reading this forum. Probably not, but you never know.

I'm just not the "early adopter" type. Too type A, easily annoyed! !

maildroiddev

Reaction score
There has been a comparison of Yahoo Mail vs MailDroid and it seems MailDroid wins on many things (yea, yahoo UI is nicer).

PARick

Reaction score
Used it for one day, then deleted it. Too many FC, then after a few hours quit pushing the emails. When it worked I liked it. Back to K9.