Ya Know What - NO it's NOT

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Turbo' started by CaptainSS, May 7, 2015.

1. CaptainSS

CaptainSS Gold Member

Ratings:
    +497
    I call a Big B.S. on this....... anyone else getting a little P'd Off?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,672
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    Different devices get updated at different times. And if you're on Verizon, sometimes it's an especially long wait. It's takes time for the latest OS to be optimized to a certain device or even manufacturer to their specifications and expectations. It's alot of man hours doing testing and looking for ways to improve the user experience. Personally, I'd rather wait awhile for an OS update than to have to be dealing with constant updates for little fixes here and there. Give Moto time to iron out the details and make sure they have a complete product before releasing it to the masses.

I'm on the same boat as you as I'm waiting for Lollipop on my Galaxy s4. It's made it to the s5 and it was released with the s6. It'll make its way to the s4, I've seen footage of it, and I think it'll be worth the wait.

3. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,829
    Twitter:
    jstaff79
    I'm not.... Yet. I know we'll get it eventually but I'm hoping for a bug free update as opposed to dinner of the issues other devices have had. Kit Kat is running good. Be patient and all will be well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. CaptainSS

CaptainSS Gold Member

Ratings:
    +497
    I am (to a degree).
    Many of usI have to meet deadlines and ALL the years I have been the private sector - I have been given deadlines and been expected to Meet them AND have my product be "Right".
    Miss those deadlines OR have the product be sub-standard when delivered and you get - Fired.
    That is real life.
    Have any of you gotten a message (ever) "Sorry" or "Because of recent lack luster performance we are going to...."
    From ANY of your "Tech provider's"? Cell phone, Cable Company, Electric co.... Anybody?

But depending on what you do for a living you can bet if YOU don't deliver YOU will be asked for a refund, price break, or worse.
    I OWN my own Business and have Customers - IF I don't deliver and exceed expectations Every Time. I get my ass sued off or a variety of other punative measures.
    What do we do? "Be patient, they are working on it. It's very technical stuff you know, maybe soon".
    B.S. tired of mediocre performance. OH but wait..... what are the options? Not many and there in lies the rub folks.
    Not a lot of competition and the performance shows that at least one side is keenly aware of that fact.

Don't forget to pay your Bill.

I don't think "they" will be ok with, "You're working on it".

5. cr6

cr6 Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,707
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge
    Twitter:
    @dronewolfmedia
    The delay with pushing it to the Turbo could very well be that Motorola is going straight to 5.1 on this particular device, and this IMO, would be well worth the wait.
    I'm not trying to be a downer here, but really, you're not missing much by staying on KK a little longer.

S5 tap'n

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,407
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    While I get your point completely, Motorola has never once said that YOUR specific device on YOUR carrier of choice is getting the update on THIS specific date. The most they've done is say when it should be ready for that device. Then, it goes to the carriers, who are way more vague about such updates. They almost never give any indication at ALL of when the update will hit YOUR device.

Even when the updates start to roll out for YOUR device on YOUR carrier, it's common knowledge they they roll out in waves, so waiting is necessary. You're talking about a lot of data being hosted and downloaded all at the same time if they just release it ot every device all at once.

I thought I saw something that they were skipping 5.0.1 altogether and going with 5.1, but maybe that was a different device or just a rumor...

• Like Like x 1
  7. PereDroid

PereDroid DF News Team Reporter

Ratings:
    +3,836
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Turbo 2
    That was the Turbo. It's been widely reported.

While I am one of those being patient and in no real hurry, it does bother me that NO ONE ever communicates with end users.
    LG, HTC, Sammy.,... no one.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,407
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    Agreed

Sent from my Note 4

• Like Like x 1
  9. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +754
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2 XL
    While it's far from perfect, HTC puts forth a much better effort than anyone else: HTC Software Updates

And I agree with what many have already posted - Turbo users are much better off waiting for 5.1 than getting stuck with a buggy 5.0.x release. While the Lollipop update on my Note 4 hasn't had any major issues, I would have gladly waited a bit longer for a jump straight to 5.1.

• Like Like x 1
  10. PereDroid

PereDroid DF News Team Reporter

Ratings:
    +3,836
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Turbo 2
    That is pretty cool of HTC but this is the same company that announced the Dinc2 would get ICS. It didn't. Not a fan because of that.

11. kmf1

kmf1 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +130
    I agree that waiting for 5.1 is a good thing. Just not sure why the wait has to be soooooooooooooo long. A most disappointing situation.

12. 1coopgt

1coopgt Active Member

Ratings:
    +94
    Hope none of you blow a nut over this one . Android 5.1 release notes for Moto X 1st 2nd Gen Moto E 2nd Gen .

I'm beginning to wonder what the hold up is for the turbo also. Granted my phone works great so I'm really in no hurry .