Ya Know What - NO it's NOT

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Different devices get updated at different times. And if you're on Verizon, sometimes it's an especially long wait. It's takes time for the latest OS to be optimized to a certain device or even manufacturer to their specifications and expectations. It's alot of man hours doing testing and looking for ways to improve the user experience. Personally, I'd rather wait awhile for an OS update than to have to be dealing with constant updates for little fixes here and there. Give Moto time to iron out the details and make sure they have a complete product before releasing it to the masses.

I'm on the same boat as you as I'm waiting for Lollipop on my Galaxy s4. It's made it to the s5 and it was released with the s6. It'll make its way to the s4, I've seen footage of it, and I think it'll be worth the wait.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I'm not.... Yet. I know we'll get it eventually but I'm hoping for a bug free update as opposed to dinner of the issues other devices have had. Kit Kat is running good. Be patient and all will be well.

Reactions: cr6
OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I am (to a degree).
Many of usI have to meet deadlines and ALL the years I have been the private sector - I have been given deadlines and been expected to Meet them AND have my product be "Right".
Miss those deadlines OR have the product be sub-standard when delivered and you get - Fired.
That is real life.
Have any of you gotten a message (ever) "Sorry" or "Because of recent lack luster performance we are going to...."
From ANY of your "Tech provider's"? Cell phone, Cable Company, Electric co.... Anybody?

But depending on what you do for a living you can bet if YOU don't deliver YOU will be asked for a refund, price break, or worse.
I OWN my own Business and have Customers - IF I don't deliver and exceed expectations Every Time. I get my ass sued off or a variety of other punative measures.
What do we do? "Be patient, they are working on it. It's very technical stuff you know, maybe soon".
B.S. tired of mediocre performance. OH but wait..... what are the options? Not many and there in lies the rub folks.
Not a lot of competition and the performance shows that at least one side is keenly aware of that fact.

Don't forget to pay your Bill.

I don't think "they" will be ok with, "You're working on it".

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
The delay with pushing it to the Turbo could very well be that Motorola is going straight to 5.1 on this particular device, and this IMO, would be well worth the wait.
I'm not trying to be a downer here, but really, you're not missing much by staying on KK a little longer.

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I am (to a degree).
Many of usI have to meet deadlines and ALL the years I have been the private sector - I have been given deadlines and been expected to Meet them AND have my product be "Right".
Miss those deadlines OR have the product be sub-standard when delivered and you get - Fired.
That is real life.
Have any of you gotten a message (ever) "Sorry" or "Because of recent lack luster performance we are going to...."
From ANY of your "Tech provider's"? Cell phone, Cable Company, Electric co.... Anybody?

But depending on what you do for a living you can bet if YOU don't deliver YOU will be asked for a refund, price break, or worse.
I OWN my own Business and have Customers - IF I don't deliver and exceed expectations Every Time. I get my ass sued off or a variety of other punative measures.
What do we do? "Be patient, they are working on it. It's very technical stuff you know, maybe soon".
B.S. tired of mediocre performance. OH but wait..... what are the options? Not many and there in lies the rub folks.
Not a lot of competition and the performance shows that at least one side is keenly aware of that fact.

Don't forget to pay your Bill.

I don't think "they" will be ok with, "You're working on it".

While I get your point completely, Motorola has never once said that YOUR specific device on YOUR carrier of choice is getting the update on THIS specific date. The most they've done is say when it should be ready for that device. Then, it goes to the carriers, who are way more vague about such updates. They almost never give any indication at ALL of when the update will hit YOUR device.

Even when the updates start to roll out for YOUR device on YOUR carrier, it's common knowledge they they roll out in waves, so waiting is necessary. You're talking about a lot of data being hosted and downloaded all at the same time if they just release it ot every device all at once.

The delay with pushing it to the Turbo could very well be that Motorola is going straight to 5.1 on this particular device, and this IMO, would be well worth the wait.
I'm not trying to be a downer here, but really, you're not missing much by staying on KK a little longer.

S5 tap'n
I thought I saw something that they were skipping 5.0.1 altogether and going with 5.1, but maybe that was a different device or just a rumor...

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I thought I saw something that they were skipping 5.0.1 altogether and going with 5.1, but maybe that was a different device or just a rumor...

That was the Turbo. It's been widely reported.

While I am one of those being patient and in no real hurry, it does bother me that NO ONE ever communicates with end users.
LG, HTC, Sammy.,... no one.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

While I am one of those being patient and in no real hurry, it does bother me that NO ONE ever communicates with end users.
Agreed

Sent from my Note 4

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

While it's far from perfect, HTC puts forth a much better effort than anyone else: HTC Software Updates

And I agree with what many have already posted - Turbo users are much better off waiting for 5.1 than getting stuck with a buggy 5.0.x release. While the Lollipop update on my Note 4 hasn't had any major issues, I would have gladly waited a bit longer for a jump straight to 5.1.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
That is pretty cool of HTC but this is the same company that announced the Dinc2 would get ICS. It didn't. Not a fan because of that.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
I agree that waiting for 5.1 is a good thing. Just not sure why the wait has to be soooooooooooooo long. A most disappointing situation.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
That is pretty cool of HTC but this is the same company that announced the Dinc2 would get ICS. It didn't. Not a fan because of that.

There have been lots of changes at HTC since the Incredible 2 days, but I definitely hear you. I haven't been a big fan of HTC since the fiasco that was the Thunderbolt. That said, they've been pretty good about following through on things over the past couple of years.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Wow, the Inc2 and Thunderbolt. Back in the day!

I got rid of my Inc2 when I heard they lied and said we won't get ICS. But I regretted it shortly after purchasing the Droid 2. I swore I'd never get another Moto. But I couldn't resist the Bionic and couldn't stand the D2. My HTC Rezound was an excellent phone, which I got for free cause my Moto Bionic wouldn't stay connected to 4g. I swore I'd never go Moto again...again. But, now I'm back, and it's the best phone I've had to date...

I believe in second chances!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Unfortunately, we have been dealing with slow updates for as long as I can remember. We don't know if it's the manufacturer, the carrier or Google who is holding up the update.

Let's face it, there are choices out there. We can go with an unlocked international phone that seems to receive updates a lot faster. We can go with a manufacturer that supports rooting and custom ROMS and be done waiting for a stock update. Or we can just wait.

Reactions: CJM