xUltimate problem - white clock on stock 2.1 rom?

Discussion in 'Xeudoxus' started by noping, Jul 13, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. noping

noping New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm trying to change the color of my clock to white on my stock 2.1 ROM using xUltimate 2.1. I tried following the instructions in post #6 of [this thread] but it fails to deodex certain files in the origi_app folder (Bluetooth, Gmail). The origi_frame folder, however, is processed normally and xUltimate places new files in done_frame.

If I try to patch the clock color in the advanced menu, however, it fails and tells me that "no files were modded."

Questions:
    1) Do I really need to deodex all of the contents of origi_app (/system/app/) just to change the clock color?
    2) If so, how do I fix the "can't deodex" errors?
    3) If I don't need to (and only the framework files need to be modified), why does xUltimate tell me that it can't change the clock?
    4) Since services.jar is now deodexed, could I somehow just manually modify it? (I tried this and it caused my phone to boot loop - do I need to upload other files to the phone also?)
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  2. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If xUltimate tells you to do it, you need to do it. Xeudoxus wouldn't make the user take extra steps for no reason.
  3. noping

noping New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Assuming that you're correct, that doesn't solve the problem of not being able to deodex everything in /system/app...
  4. xeudoxus

xeudoxus Professor X Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    1) you have to deodex every file on the phone, think of .odex as a security key. each .odex stores the key for the next .odex. So when one has been changed all of the .odex's know about it.
    2)ill be looking into that soon
    3)app and framework has to be deodexed, it cannot change the clock because its looking for the clock in 2.2, not 2.1 (use an older version of xUltimate, like 1.4)
    4)yes, but ull have to dedex it, then edit, then redex it. You have to transfer all modded .jar's / .apk's that have the classes.dex in them (you cannot just deodex services.odex and be ok)
Search tags for this page
how to fix boot clash patch in xultimate
service.odex clock color
titan rom clock black

white clock theme