xt907 Root S.O.S.

jhlarson1

Reaction score
So, even though I have never had root on this phone I can flash using Matt's utility and then successfully root?

lowvolt

Reaction score
So, even though I have never had root on this phone I can flash using Matt's utility and then successfully root?

You can choose option 1
Then choose option 5
Then unlock boot loader
Then flash a recovery of your choice.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
The utility posted above is not for the system version he said he is on. It's for the latest update only.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

lowvolt

Reaction score
The utility posted above is not for the system version he said he is on. It's for the latest update only.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

He should be able to use Matt's 1.20 to go back and then root.

jhlarson1

Reaction score
Attempted to use Matt's 1.2 on my RAZR m and no go. Phone in ap fast boot for flash, Motorola cable, latest drivers. Computer froze. I had to reboot phone and computer. Should I attempt Matt's 1.1? Also tried to download motochopper 1.1.2 from post above, but 4share says file unavailable. Anyone have link to file that is valid?

Last edited:

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Attempted to use Matt's 1.2 on my RAZR m and no go. Phone in ap fast boot for flash, Motorola cable, latest drivers. Computer froze. I had to reboot phone and computer. Should I attempt Matt's 1.1? Also tried to download motochopper 1.1.2 from post above, but 4share says file unavailable. Anyone have link to file that is valid?

motochopper is the same as whats in the utilities.

i checked 3 places, and the latest version of the utility before! the new one is 1.20. i can only guess your using another phones utility, they are not interchangeable.
download 1.20 from here Utility Belt

prouser

Reaction score
You can choose option 1
Then choose option 5
Then unlock boot loader
Then flash a recovery of your choice.

You went back from the July OTA and were able to unlock the bootloader? Was your bootloader previously unlocked?