xt901 wont update - Dead Android icon

Discussion in 'Motorola General Discussions' started by j0ker31m, Mar 8, 2015.

1. j0ker31m

j0ker31m New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    XT901
    I am using a Motorola electrify M (xt901) through US Cellular. Recently, the jellybean update was released and I received a notification on my phone. I tried to install it, but after it downloads and resets the phone, an android robot icon with animated electric lines shows up and the status bar gets to about 1/4 of the way, then the android falls over, dies and a little red triangle is floating from his body.
    [​IMG]
    I tried a factory reset on my phone and retried it. No luck.

If my phone is completely powered down, then I hold Power + Volume Up, I get the same dead android with the red triangle.

I purchased this phone used, bootloader says it's still locked. Any suggestions as to what might be causing this? And how I can get it fixed?

The phone works with no problems, except the update announcement shows up about every hour and I have to select "not now" It's getting pretty annoying.

thanks in advance.

2. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,530
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    Sounds like you may need to reflash it with the current software... Then try taking the update.. I'm not sure where to find a link for US cellular software.. Perhaps your service rep would?
    Sounds like something is borked

Search tags for this page

android falls over

android update icon

android xt901

dead android red triangle
motorola xt901 wont update

why wont xt901 install update

xt901
xt901 no new update