xt901 wont update - Dead Android icon

j0ker31m

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT901
I am using a Motorola electrify M (xt901) through US Cellular. Recently, the jellybean update was released and I received a notification on my phone. I tried to install it, but after it downloads and resets the phone, an android robot icon with animated electric lines shows up and the status bar gets to about 1/4 of the way, then the android falls over, dies and a little red triangle is floating from his body.
AndroidRedTriangle.jpeg

I tried a factory reset on my phone and retried it. No luck.

If my phone is completely powered down, then I hold Power + Volume Up, I get the same dead android with the red triangle.

I purchased this phone used, bootloader says it's still locked. Any suggestions as to what might be causing this? And how I can get it fixed?

The phone works with no problems, except the update announcement shows up about every hour and I have to select "not now" It's getting pretty annoying.

thanks in advance.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sounds like you may need to reflash it with the current software... Then try taking the update.. I'm not sure where to find a link for US cellular software.. Perhaps your service rep would?
Sounds like something is borked