xt894 question

zero7404

Reaction score
is this model the verizon droid 4 ?

not sure, whether there is another gsm only model or not ....

been reading some threads about roms in this section but i like using cyanogen roms.

is there a fully functional cm rom for the d4 yet ?

if not, how does the leaked ics stock rom perform on the phone ?

---
posted via android

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Xt894 is the DROID 4... I wasn't sure so i googled it lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
thanks for the replies ....

i got the d4 but havent recieved it yet, wasnt sure.

i have a rooted dx running cm7.1.

i want to do the same with the d4 but need to figure out whether safestrap is the right app to use for entering recovery and doing backups/installing roms.

what id likely do is root the phone, install safestrap, boot into recovery to backup the stock rooted rom, then find a rom i like.

the problem is finding out which rom is best. i dont want to do the trial and error thing. because i once tried cm9 on my dx, then when i reverted to 605 (i shouldnt have done that) my wifi mac addressing broke, so i couldnt use wifi at home because i use mac filtering.

i want a rom thats straight ICS no blur, no garbage, but i want full functionality and nothing broken.

plus i need to be able to root it. not sure if all of what i want is possible with the d4, i think its possible with the galaxy nexus, but i dont want a curved/rounded phone

---
posted via android

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hmmmmmm, I think that you might have to wait to get a vanilla ics that's fully functioning with the correct kernel.

I could be wrong... I'm looking, you might check out the d4 forum more, that's what I'm doing.

I do know that the d4 is going global.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. But give the forum a looking over. :)

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
it should be going global because Verizon announced it is.
i would wait for the stock ICS to make an official appearance, not sure if it's going to have the same bland blur interface that i can't stand.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hopefully one of the d4 guys will jump in here and be able to help you further. Apparently the d4 is another toy I need to grab :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The moto build of ics looks pretty good. It has a few tweaks to it, like 4 way unlock, and the icons are changed, but from what I've seen, I'm licking my chops... there is a thread about moto showing what ics will look like with the how to videos.

I like it personally, but I'm a moto user all the way. :)

EDIT, sorry about that??? Something.I had copied for another thread....

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
Motorola Teases Ice Cream Sandwich on Droid RAZR | News & Opinion | PCMag.comoesn't look bad .... if it's close enough to vanilla android, i'd take it over an asop ics rom just for the motorola widgets/extras. the razr & d4 both have the same builds/software, so it's safe to assume the d4 will get a mirror of this release for the razr .... right ?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Motorola Teases Ice Cream Sandwich on Droid RAZR | News & Opinion | PCMag.comoesn't look bad .... if it's close enough to vanilla android, i'd take it over an asop ics rom just for the motorola widgets/extras. the razr & d4 both have the same builds/software, so it's safe to assume the d4 will get a mirror of this release for the razr .... right ?

I would certainly think so. The only differences I could see might be if they added anything for the physical keyboard....

4low4fun

Reaction score
zero7404 said:

Everything that article talks about is fully functional on the current .206 leak. I've been running it for a couple days now and absolutely love it!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120527_195240.png
    ForumRunner_20120527_195240.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 194

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I didn't know you could record video and snap a pic at the same time, that's a really cool feature. I really like 206, it's been running well all day.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I hope that ics is as well put together as it appears to be :). I've held off to stay on the path... :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!