Reaction score
I am stuck on the screan

Android system recovery <3>

Android system recovery utility

reboot system now
apply update from sd card
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

i wiped the cache now i have no idea what to do. Im afraid I am going to brrick it. What do I do. LoL

Im thinking the data reset, but im not sure

mal_eskrito

Reaction score
I am stuck on the screan

reboot system now
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

i wiped the cache now i have no idea what to do. Im afraid I am going to brrick it. What do I do. LoL

are you sure you dont have Bootstrap or Safestrap installed?

Last edited:

mal_eskrito

Reaction score
IF anything just choose reboot system. Nothing will happen to your phone. Are you sure you're phone has an unlocked bootloader?

BTW didnt realized that you were a female..

Last edited:
OP
MischiefsMommy
Reaction score
um yep Im sure I know what Im talking about. this is the bootloader screen. I have had these phones and played with them for years... trust me... just because im female.. i do know what im talking about

mal_eskrito

Reaction score
If your phone is truly has the boodloader unlocked you should have one of the Devs take a look at it. So they can probably look into it for them to all the razr a method on how to unlock the bootloader for the droid community.

BTW didnt realized that you were a female

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can you get into AP Fastboot Mode? That's where it'll say locked/unlocked.

The screen you described above is the stock recovery screen.

OP
MischiefsMommy
Reaction score
There are times that i get ino this screen that says

ap bootloader at the bottom

then there is like a total of 7 to 10 different ap selecions listed I dont remember them off the top of my head. Therre was a screen that I fel on today on verizon that it installed a adb then there was 2 different codes that had to be used t make it work. I have been looking for that page all day and I can not find it. I will report it as soon as I find it again, but yes.... I did have that today.

casper55117

Reaction score
where you are is the stock recovery menu. im sorry to inform you that you did not unlock the bootloader. as for bricking your device. it would be very hard to do so from there, maybe even impossible. my advice if you dont feel comfortable with that menu. then just reboot it should be the top option. as for clearing the cache. all that happens when you do this is basicly your temp memory is wiped. no biggie wont brick you.

Last edited by a moderator:

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
I am stuck on the screan

reboot system now
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

View attachment 48911

that's not bootloader that's android recovery, used for the options you see
seeing that screen means phone didn't boot correctly, nothing to do with unlocked

everyone that has ever SFBed has used bootloader

boot to fastboot flash mode, to see if phone is unlocked
View attachment 48909View attachment 48910
ap bootloader or ap fastboot
View attachment 48912

Last edited:

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
OP, you seem confused. The screen you are referring to as the "bootloader" is the stock Android recovery menu. The bootloader is something you never actually see. It is simply a block of program code that checks for certain conditions, and if they are met it tells the device to boot, and where to find the OS. One of these conditions is that the contents of the "boot" partition must have a "signature" that matches a "key" that is encrypted via 256 bit encryption (in other words, next to impossible to crack - we're talking military grade security). This protected partition contains the kernel, which is the Linux core of the entire Android OS. In other words, the most important part.

To crack the bootloader would mean to crack the 256-bit encryption on the "key", so that it could be used to "sign" a custom kernel. If this was accomplished, we could install custom kernels which unlock a whole slew of features, just like we did back in the OG Droid days. Right now, if invalid code is written to the "boot" partition, the bootloader simply loads the recovery menu, instead of booting the OS. It will keep doing this until it is reflashed with a valid boot image.

bullswife98

Reaction score
^^^I like this post!! ^^^ This has to be one of the most well explained,easy to understand post on bootloaders for our device that I've read in a while! Well said!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Reaction score
OP, you seem confused. The screen you are referring to as the "bootloader" is the stock Android recovery menu. The bootloader is something you never actually see. It is simply a block of program code that checks for certain conditions, and if they are met it tells the device to boot, and where to find the OS. One of these conditions is that the contents of the "boot" partition must have a "signature" that matches a "key" that is encrypted via 256 bit encryption (in other words, next to impossible to crack - we're talking military grade security). This protected partition contains the kernel, which is the Linux core of the entire Android OS. In other words, the most important part.

To crack the bootloader would mean to crack the 256-bit encryption on the "key", so that it could be used to "sign" a custom kernel. If this was accomplished, we could install custom kernels which unlock a whole slew of features, just like we did back in the OG Droid days. Right now, if invalid code is written to the "boot" partition, the bootloader simply loads the recovery menu, instead of booting the OS. It will keep doing this until it is reflashed with a valid boot image.

Confused indeed. I had a thread on XDA a couple months ago explaining why brute-forcing a bootloader wasn't an option. I don't remember the exact number of possible keys or the exact length of time needed to find the right one (assuming we found the right one after trying 50% off all possible keys), but it was something to the affect of a few million years and a few trillion keys. >.>