xScope Priority Poll

Discussion in 'xScope Mobile' started by Phoxus, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Phoxus

Phoxus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Which of the following do you feel should be done first!? ALL are being considered and worked on.

1. Make a better UI (Bet your butt we're working on it! & more themes)
    2. Add Share Page Option
    3. Add to RSS Feed Option
    4. Have an easier way to access Google Services (Gmail/documents/reader/etc)
    5. Add a RSS Feed (WIDGET) like the famous app "FeedR"
    6. Make Kill All (WIDGET) for Task Management
    7. Upgrade File Explorer UI
    8. Other (please specify your request)

2. rjax

rjax Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I voted other -- I'm looking most forward to having more user-configurable options -- like what long-presses do in various contexts and the ability to customize what options are in the browser toolbar versus what comes up when you hit the Menu key -- so this might fall under Make a Better UI, now that I think of it...

3. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I'll be honest! As much as I love the current setup (very easy to understand) after using Opera Mini beta and really liking the UI (just the functionality kinda sucks) I'm really wishing xScope becomes even more of joy to use! Nothing wrong with the current setup, Opera's UI just left me wanting more for xScope!

4. Dibrom

Dibrom Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does UI cover tabs? I love just about everything except swiping left/right and being thrown onto another tab.

Also, you mind if users take a stab at theming?

#4 Dibrom, Mar 16, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  5. Phoxus

Phoxus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone is open to theming... In fact let me give you guys the Original GNOME theme (default)

and you guys can go from there! (make sure icons stay exact same size width and height and .png files)

I'll start new topic with the Theme for you to base it off of.

6. plaidman

plaidman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My top complaints are the bookmark viewer, application viewer, and file viewer UIs. The UI for the tabs and menus and such are very nice and don't need much improvement in my opinion.

Oh, and when a page is resized (specifically zoomed out), it doesn't automatically recalculate the word-wrapping, if you catch my meaning. I find I have to scroll the page by swiping anywhere on the screen for it to reformat the page. It's a minor inconvenience, but the extra step kills the 'flow' of page viewing, and fixing it would add a nice bit of polish to the product.

#6 plaidman, Mar 16, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  7. FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would like the ability to turn off the pin zoom, it just works on my phone whenever it wants and can drive me nuts sometimes.

8. wernst

wernst Member

Ratings:
    +1
    My "Other" vote:

Right now the Home button in the toolbar button goes to the bookmarks.

That's not really standard.

A Home button is supposed to go to a page you designate to be the screen that appears when you press the Home button, be it bookmarks, iGoogle, or whatever.

There's already a way to get to bookmarks via a Favorites button after hitting the menu button.

Basically, there should be a way to program the Home button to go to whatever webpage you want, be it your favorites, a local file on the SD card, or a website.

This is really minor, but you did ask. ;-)

-Warr

9. nphil

nphil Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My request: A better download progress system, the webpage that refreshes itself every 10 seconds doesn't seem too intuitive. Same for bookmarks and filebrowser too!

10. aminaked

aminaked Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Find a closed 2.1 thread on this site. Click the link at the end posted by the admin and xscope opens up the default browser. Happens on certain links, don't know why.

CSS and most graphics on this site not loading. I know I'm not the only one. Works in other browsers.

Don't switch to other tabs when I swipe. I've never wanted this to happen intentionally yet it happens 50 times/day.

When you click on a link, do something 100% of the time. Sometimes, even on the bookmarks page, a zoom is required to click the links. This might be a problem w/ webkit as stock browser can do this too.

That's just off the top of my head. Awfully negative of me, but I still use xscope all the time.

11. Phoxus

Phoxus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When gary get's off work we've got a lot to work on it looks like!!!

I'll work on the UI for the file browser/task manager/downloads for you guys (RIGHT NOW)

Also I'll let him know swiping tabs should be an option button in settings as well as the homepage option (I can't believe I didn't realize this to be honest)

Option buttons for zooms to be on and off (noted)

12. drummerq

drummerq Member

Ratings:
    +0
    for me its really to UI. the stock browser sucked, strait up. However Dolphin (hate to compare) had a nice looking UI, Functionality not perfect but it just looked professional. I like the idea of theming however from the current themes the options look limited. It be nice if themes could have more then custom icons but maybe background colors as well.

Xscope is my stock browser and will stay so. But i still have many iches with it

Also another suggestion which bugs me alot, i mean alot, is the size of the loading bar on the top. Its so thin and impossible to see. Gary said it might be themable, id like to see an update here