Xscope is amazing.

Discussion in 'xScope Mobile' started by mjs31, Jan 27, 2010.

1. mjs31

mjs31 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know there have been some discussions on this and other browsers, but after reading another post in the general forum, and someone saying that people should try xscope, I gave it a shot. After 20 minutes I knew I was keeping this one. It does not get in the way of itself, modified one handed pinch zoom, built in file manager and the ability to download all file types is just the start.

I will say at first look I was thinking no way will I like this. Kind of an old style look to it, but after using it and learning some of the features, this thing beats every other browser available at this time.

Do yourself a favor and try this it. Give it a little time and you will see..

Oh yeah. For those that may have tried it a while back, apparently it has matured beyond belief. This is just what I read, since I never tried it before.

2. jsh1120

jsh1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    +1. I was skeptical but it's now my favorite browser. The developer deserves a round of applause and the price of a latte for the paid version.

3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Are you saying this browser can open pdf files?

4. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is better than the Dolphin browser?

5. Kobra

Kobra Member

Ratings:
    +0

Yea I have gotten in a few disagreements with some of the Dolphin supporters that were getting frustrated with Dolphin and trying to tell them to try Xscope, and have caught some grief. But thats ok, as the xScope developer works harder than any other out there listening to his customers and updating almost on a weekly basis. And the word is slowly getting out which in turn helps him.

Yes Dolphin supporters I know it's not free but for $2.99 it's the best app I have purchased especially since I use the browser more than any other app. Makes sense if you are going to pay for an app make sure it's one that you are going to use the most often.

Wow just noticed he just added a dowload You Tube video option like Firefox has! Wow it never stops with the updates!

#5 Kobra, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  6. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have been using Dolphin and love it. Went to get this in the market and see there is a free version and a paid version. What is the difference or is it just to support the dev? I have no problem with that. I upgraded from MultiTocuh Gallery for Droid to the pay MultiTouch Gallery Pro even though there was no real difference. Just wanted to support the dev for an app I like. Thanks!

7. Kobra

Kobra Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I edited my post/ Just saw this from the developer.

1. 5 bookmarks/history
    2. no opening local files
    3. no task killing
    Full:
    20 bookmarks/history

#7 Kobra, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  8. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Will have to give it a try. Thanks for the info!

9. jsh1120

jsh1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I've been a faithful Dolphin user for several months. I'd still give it the edge in terms of eye candy. But in terms of pure functionality and performance, xscope has the edge, I think. I also find the concept of a "Home" page to be more intuitive in xscope.

10. robotkiller

robotkiller Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Been using this for about an hour. Pretty great. It doesn't access my secured electronic medical record website that the default browser works with, however. Pinch to zoom can be a little erratic on some websites and the UI is very spartan. It's not pretty, but it's definitely clean.

The performance, however, is great. On the websites which I traffic (so far), this browser is definitely faster. The scrolling is so much smoother than default.

I'll give it a day or so, but so far it's looking good to replace my default. I didn't like Dolphin. Too bloated.

11. Erron

Erron Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive had it for a few days. Today they added the ability to download youtube vids. This is my favorite browser.

12. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've only used it for a few minutes so far but it definitely looks promising. The various zoom options are definitely nice to have.