XScope is a battery killer!

Discussion in 'xScope Mobile' started by samiusmc, Mar 10, 2010.

1. samiusmc

samiusmc Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I just uninstalled the Xscope browser. I was barely using it and it was showing a 24% drain on my battery. That was almost as high as the display which registered at 32% usage.

Has anyone else noticed Xscope using so much juice and draining their battery?

2. toddegreene

toddegreene Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been using xScope for a couple months and have never experienced a battery drain.

3. J*Bishop

J*Bishop Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i've had it for a few weeks now and haven't noticed what you're experiencing.

4. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    You know it has an Exit button?

5. magnus

magnus Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Pretty sensational title....but you'll have to give us more info.

Sometimes if you navigate to a website that requires a location fix (Like Google)....the GPS tries to locate you and if It can't find out can go on searching instead of switching off after a minute.
    That's one case I can think of

Then again....maybe some bum process caused Xscope to draw an inordinate amount of power and darin your battery. Tell us if it is repeatable.

I've been using Xscope for months now and have not had your issues.

6. Dolfan

Dolfan Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I just got my droid yesterday...first full day of owning it and my battery was dead by noon with little use during the day...I too think it must be the browser and facebook or some other app or something killing the battery so fast...how do I exit the browser when Im done looking at facebook and other site...this exit button your telling of...?

Bob

7. cb3FSU

cb3FSU Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe there is an option in its settings that allows you to choose to leave it on ot only have it on when in use.

8. les017

les017 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Long-hold the Droids "back" button and you will be presented with an EXIT option screen

9. Dolfan

Dolfan Member

Ratings:
    +1
    That seems to just bring me to a list of my history..

10. bloodstains

bloodstains Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Never had this issue, xScope has by far been the best browser for me. I even use it for Twitter/Twidroid/Seesmic previews because it is SO much faster than any other browser, even their built in ones.

11. bloodstains

bloodstains Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Then you're not using xScope.

12. jsh1120

jsh1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Bob,

First, relax. I'm guessing that in your "first full day of owning it" you spent a lot of time looking at that beautiful BRIGHT screen and downloading applications.

My wife got her Droid yesterday. I charged it for a couple of hours until the battery showed a full charge. Then I started downloading applications for it. Thirty-five applications later (2.5 hours) her battery showed 50%.

Installing apps is a major battery drain. So is your screen. And if you're marveling at how beautiful it is as you download wallpaper and try it out you're burning through your battery at an astounding rate.

Give it a week. Set your screen brightness to low. Turn it up only when you need to. Set your timeout to 15 seconds and get Screebl to keep it lit when you're using it. Try to go a day without downloading an application and trying it. (I know, it's hard.) If you're using navigation, get a car charger and keep it plugged in while you drive around and around your block being impressed by the lady telling you where to turn.

In short, use it like you would a phone you've had for six months rather than a new toy. And if you can't do that (and I have trouble), keep it plugged into a charger when you're not using it.

P.S. xScope is a battery killer only if you use it to surf the web for hours. And in that case, it isn't xScope, it's your browsing behavior. And when you're done, long press the back key and exit.