Xoom vs Eee Pad ?

knighthonor

Reaction score
I would like to view your opinions on whether to get the Xoom or the Eee pad.

Can somebody here with experience with the two, share some details and explain their advantages and disadvantages for the rest of us to read?dancedroid

Reaction score
From the way it looks here the differences are very minimal. Xoom is a bit heavier and has a bit better front camera. After that its like they are identical. Processor, ram, OS .... everything is the same. I just picked up my xoom yesterday and its allot of fun and I know I am just scratching the surface.

Good luck in your decision but from what I see its a win win either way.dancedroid

Alster2005

Reaction score
Does the eepad work with nefix, hulu, and skype?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The Asus Eee Pad Transformer has many, MANY more features than the xoom, i.e., micro-SD slot (which supports SDHC), mini HDMI and the docking port, two USB ports on the keyboard (hidden away behind covers), along with a full size SD/MMC memory card slot, 3D stereo with max bass response with SRS premium sound. Eee Pad Transformer allows full shutting, can close and locks like a laptop when docked. (That alone puts the xoom to shame imo) It also comes with Asus Webstorage (Unlimited for 1 year). It comes preloaded with Polaris Office 3.0, a productivity suite for people who actually want to do work on their devices

Read more: Asus Eee Pad Transformer Full Specifications And Price Details - Gadgetian

I sold my xoom on ebay to get the transformer which i can't find in stock now lol

jev

Reaction score
I think the xoom is overpriced and I got tired of waiting for the transformer so I went with the acer iconia. It has almost the same specs as the xoom but it also has the micro sd card enabled and a full sized usb port along with the micro usb and mini hdmi output. The only downside as of now is the development is a little slow(no recovery as of now), but we do have root access.
Just another option for you.

Last edited:

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
I love my transformer. I didn't play with the xoom too much but the Asus feels a lot smoother overall, even though they have the same internals. They only issue I have with it is that the shape makes it awkward to hold sometimes.

drum747

Reaction score
Get the Xoom. I am buying the Asus and they are too hard to find already! Heh.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

bplewis24

Reaction score
The biggest difference between the two is likely the screen:

4pLMM.jpg

Transformer in the middle, Xoom on the far right.

Screen Comparison versus a Xoom (with pics) - SlateDroid.com

Brandon