Xoom sync with Google Accounts

cdtdelta

Reaction score
Hey all,
So I finally got to play around with a Xoom last night in a VZW store. Didn't buy it but I'll probably pick one up this weekend (needed to figure out my data usage first).

One question about when you are setting it up for the first time. Does the Xoom download your Market Apps that are synced with your Google Account (like on the phones) or does it treat those separately?

I'm wondering when I finally get mine if it's going to be downloading a ton of apps right off the bat or if I have to go back to the market and get the ones I have again.

Thanks ahead of time....

cplus

Reaction score
It will sync any apps that you have paid for. Free apps will need to be downloaded again.

Skydog

Reaction score
It will sync any apps that you have paid for. Free apps will need to be downloaded again.

That's not quite correct. All my paid apps (for Droid X) appeared as "purchased" but it was necessary to download each of them. The tablet does not mirror your other device installations in the App Market, at least that is my firsthand experience.

mfendley

Reaction score
Skydog,

I have the exact opposite experience. 52 apps went from my Google Account to my Xoom (maybe because I have a D2G and a Tab and all apps go to both devices now). The only one I have to do something about was my Kindle app required me to add this device.

motoconvert

Reaction score
Didn't sync any apps for me either...just showed purchased apps that I would then have to download to my xoom :)

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App

gbright666

Reaction score
All of my apps synced on their own (paid and free)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

SHWELL

Reaction score
Got my Xoom today. and when I opened the Market, it identified the apps I purchased, and gave me the option to download them individually or in a Batch. But it was only Purchased Apps.