XOOM RELEASE DATE! Who's getting it?

OP
stumbleflyx

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
I was just told by Verizon call center rep 24th is the official drop date. No price avaliable as of yet.

sent from stock dx

OP
stumbleflyx

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Dual core processor, 1 gig ram, 32 gigabytes intarnal sounds pretty good, think ill get this bfore I upgrade my phone. Should quench my android thirst for at least a year. Also rep told me it was future proof in that it will get 4glte as well.

sent from stock dx

OP
stumbleflyx

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
I sold the rep on the Xoom he has an Evo and after I talked to him now he wants the Xoom. He also stayed 15 mins. after as I schooled him- and he has an Evo I also helped him out with that. He said tablets are the future!

sent from stock dx

OP
stumbleflyx

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
U can use it for calling with a 1.3 mpxl front facing camera on skype or Tango

sent from stock dx

OP
stumbleflyx

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Who has enouph money to get one when it drops? Im getting one hopefully lol

sent from stock dx

Neocold

Reaction score
I pre-ordered mine today at Best Buy and unless there is unforseen happenings the official release date is the 24th. I went with Best Buy because I have their credit card which will get me 18 months no interest financing. The price is 799.99

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

joehmayfield

Reaction score
its official....

attachment.php

DaddyRabbit

Reaction score
Not a chance! $800 is just too crazy!

While I like everything about XOOM over the iPad, just about any of my mobile computing needs are met with the DX (and make cell calls!) and for $800 I could do a lot of things.

I am not an Apple fan but I think the XOOM is too high priced to succeed in numbers. 4G/LTE are way down the road for most to really matter and Apple has a huge headstart in the overall "cloudspace".

If the initial launch model was $700 with a $500 32G XOOM Wi-Fi only (can use my DX hotspot feature if mobile) with NO restrictions to sign up with VZ just to enable Wi-Fi I might think about it. But this launch is so under my radar in these economic times.