Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
So far, the pictures I've seen are some sort of ugly device with more rounded sides, a white front and black back that I would never own. Looks VERY ugly to me. I love my first gen WiFi Xoom much better.

And yes, I wireless tether my Xoom to my OG Droid (and hopefully soon my Galaxy Nexus) using barnacle. So even when I'm not home, I'm online and didn't pay the extra cost for the 3G model, nor do I need the added expense on my phone plan. I rarely use much data on my phone anyway, so I'm in no danger of going near any limits VW puts up.

OP
dudeitsmattx

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
I got rid of my Thunderbolt and got the Bionic with my upgrade a week or 2 ago. Just can't decide if I want a XOOM or not lol..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
dudeitsmattx

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
Bestbuy wifi only XOOM for $499 get it?

OP
dudeitsmattx

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
Went ahead and got it. Going to see how I like it for my 14days.

lobo13

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea how much the Xoom2 might cost? I'm going to guess $500-$600

KeepItReal

Reaction score
There are Certified Pre Owned models with 3g for $399. They are still eligible for free 4g upgrade. If not, new for $499. I got a CPO model, and I am quite happy with it. Already have 4g upgrade, even though I don't have 4g in the b neighborhood yet! Of course these models will require a data plan. There are Wifi models only at Bestbuy. The is a new wifi 'Family' model for $379 that has 16 GB if memory instead of 32 GB on the regular models.
Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

akhi216

Reaction score
According the to FCC documents the Xoom 2 is a wifi-only device, it has no 3G/4G radios, thus if you want 3G/4G data you have to get the OG Verizon/Sprint Xoom.

Update: Verizon announce that it will in fact carry both new Xooms. They will carry a 64 GB version as well.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Last edited: