XM Please

brando56894

Reaction score
I agree I'd like to have Sirius on my phone, but since theyre the same company now I'm assuming that one app will work for both networks. Ive read speculations that an app should be coming relatively soon.

I definitely wouldnt mind getting rid of my Sirius Stiletto and replacing it with my droid, since before I used the stiletto as my mp3 player and its nice but it definitely wasnt worth $350 considering the internal antenna in it blows and you cant listen to satellite radio unless you wear their headphones which contain an external antenna or place it in the dock.

Hopefully it will come soon.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Just use one of the many other radio apps to achieve commercial free music in your car. (ex. Pandora, Slacker, DroidLive)

brando56894

Reaction score
If you have Sirius/XM, internet radio just isnt the same, most likely because of the variety of stations and you get to know the DJs since you listen to them constantly.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
If you have Sirius/XM, internet radio just isnt the same, most likely because of the variety of stations and you get to know the DJs since you listen to them constantly.

There is a much larger variety of stations on DroidLive, CherryRPlayer, etc than on Sirius/XM. Even Howard Stern's channel is available.

Essex

Reaction score
still no outQ or Jason Ellis so I patiently wait on an app :)

SpudDogg

Reaction score
Do people actually still use satellite radio for music? The only reason I'm dying for an app is so I can get the satellite-only programming, such as Opie and Anthony. Droid just doesn't feel complete while I still have to use a separate xm radio.

polack

Reaction score
Opie and anthony are on two different stations. on droidlive. still waiting on Ron and Fez. come on buddays.

Essex

Reaction score
I'd rather not illegal jack the programming from a third party anyway. I'd like my money to go to the people I'm listening too (albeit in a trickle down way)

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I'd rather not illegal jack the programming from a third party anyway. I'd like my money to go to the people I'm listening too (albeit in a trickle down way)

Its not illegal to listen to radio lol. Either way they are getting good ratings which is making them more money so it doesn't matter one way or another. The XM/Sirius app is only available on Blackberry and iPhone at the moment and might not even show up on Android since Android has too many different versions of the OS.

I use RadioTime for stations i cant get locally but are real stations in other cities and DroidLive for other stations that are strictly internet. I used to be an Internet Radio DJ.

SpudDogg

Reaction score
Opie and anthony are on two different stations. on droidlive. still waiting on Ron and Fez. come on buddays.

Yea man I find some oanda streams here and there but none seem to be reliable. Droidlive has got to be the worst, considering all the disconnections. I'm trying to get my own "station" set up but I can't even figure out a reliable way to do that. Siriusxmstreamer+orb is an option but orb is pretty poor too. I have a nice fast connection at my house as well as a couple "real" web servers, so if anyone here has an idea I will gladly share the goods.

EDIT: Web servers are linux.

Last edited:

noordzy77

Reaction score

Its not illegal to listen to radio lol. Either way they are getting good ratings which is making them more money so it doesn't matter one way or another. The XM/Sirius app is only available on Blackberry and iPhone at the moment and might not even show up on Android since Android has too many different versions of the OS.

I use RadioTime for stations i cant get locally but are real stations in other cities and DroidLive for other stations that are strictly internet. I used to be an Internet Radio DJ.

Actually, you are quite incorrect. The Droidlive feed of Opie & Anthony is illegal. It is the property of Sirius XM and someone is streaming it illegally. No, its not illegal to listen, but the person streaming it could face charges if caught. They Also do not gain any ratings or derive any income from that shoutcast, in fact if anything its costing them subscribers.