Xiaomi To Launch MIUI 7 On August 13

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
143523ka6f4lua846do8c6.jpg.thumb.jpg

It looks like Xiaomi really wants to do battle with Samsung. Earlier today Samsung all but screamed out that they will be announcing the Note 5 on August 13th. They sent out emails encouraging the media to "Note the date". Normally those emails would say "save the date", but since they will be announcing the Note 5 they decided to do a little word play.

Xiamoi also sent out notice about an event they will be holding on August 13th. We will see the release of MIUI 7 on that day. We should also see this rom ported over to many other no Xiaomi devices pretty soon. The big news here is that the Mi 5 might also be released on the same day. In the invite we see pictures of boxes. Surely they would not store the new MIUI 7 in little boxes. Hopefully we will see the device next week.

via Xiaomi

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I so wish that America was in the game like the Asian companies are. I so wanted Motorola to dominate this industry, but now that they are a Chinese company I don't know who to root for.

Building quality mini computers we call "phones" is the future. We could bring so many jobs to the U.S. just doing this one thing.

I am not hating on Samsung, or Huawei or Xiaomi, I just wish my country would step up and get some of the pie.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
While I can agree with @akhenax, I am glad to see other companies working to compete with/fight the big dogs. We need a shake up in our choices for devices. That doesn't mean these "new to the US" phone makers are doing anything truly earth-shattering, but I've said a million times that competition breeds innovation.

I just wish more of these manufacturers would take notice that vzw is the top carrier in our country and make devices compatible with their tech. I know one carrier in the world using that tech while everyone else is GSM based is a small market in the grand scheme, but there are plenty of us on that network who'd love to give a phone from a different OEM a try.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
This is long over due. Miui 6 was bug ridden. I've always enjoyed Miui for their massive customization capabilities. If it is ported to the Note Edge I am switching to it.