Xiaomi To Launch MIUI 7 On August 13

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, Aug 5, 2015.

1. DroidModderX

DroidModderX Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,234
    [​IMG]

It looks like Xiaomi really wants to do battle with Samsung. Earlier today Samsung all but screamed out that they will be announcing the Note 5 on August 13th. They sent out emails encouraging the media to "Note the date". Normally those emails would say "save the date", but since they will be announcing the Note 5 they decided to do a little word play.

Xiamoi also sent out notice about an event they will be holding on August 13th. We will see the release of MIUI 7 on that day. We should also see this rom ported over to many other no Xiaomi devices pretty soon. The big news here is that the Mi 5 might also be released on the same day. In the invite we see pictures of boxes. Surely they would not store the new MIUI 7 in little boxes. Hopefully we will see the device next week.

via Xiaomi

2. akhenax

akhenax Silver Member

Ratings:
    +503
    I so wish that America was in the game like the Asian companies are. I so wanted Motorola to dominate this industry, but now that they are a Chinese company I don't know who to root for.

Building quality mini computers we call "phones" is the future. We could bring so many jobs to the U.S. just doing this one thing.

I am not hating on Samsung, or Huawei or Xiaomi, I just wish my country would step up and get some of the pie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,435
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    While I can agree with @akhenax, I am glad to see other companies working to compete with/fight the big dogs. We need a shake up in our choices for devices. That doesn't mean these "new to the US" phone makers are doing anything truly earth-shattering, but I've said a million times that competition breeds innovation.

I just wish more of these manufacturers would take notice that vzw is the top carrier in our country and make devices compatible with their tech. I know one carrier in the world using that tech while everyone else is GSM based is a small market in the grand scheme, but there are plenty of us on that network who'd love to give a phone from a different OEM a try.

4. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,435
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    Also, according to the source link, those boxes seem to have been the invitations...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Ollie

Ollie Droid Does

Ratings:
    +2,483
    Current Phone Model:
    Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
    This is long over due. Miui 6 was bug ridden. I've always enjoyed Miui for their massive customization capabilities. If it is ported to the Note Edge I am switching to it.

Search tags for this page

mi ui 7 forum