Xiaomi The MIUI Smartphone Maker Now Has The Third Largest Smartphone Market Share

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It may come as a surprise to you but a manufacturer that you have probably never heard of is now the number 3 largest phone manufacturer in the world! Xiaomi, a company that is popular for producing the Mi 3 phone which runs a forked version of Android (MIUI). The Mi 3 saw huge demands in India thanks to its low price and high end hardware. It features a 5" full HD screen, 2.3 GHz snapdragon 800 CPU, 2GB of RAM, 16GB internal memory, 13MP camera, and large 3,050 mah battery. With all those specs it cost only $220. Xiaomi shipped 18million handsets in the 3rd Quarter of 2014. They owned 5.2 percent of the market share. Samsung was the king of the market with 79 million handsets shipped giving the a market share of 24.7 percent. Apple was second with 9.3 million units shipped and 12 percent of the market share. Third overall is quite impressive for a smaller company whose handsets are running a custom rom. Cyanogen Mod on the Oneplus One can't say the same.

Via AndroidCentral

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I have always liked Miui for the ton of customization options. When I get my new phone it will be going on my Note 3.

boidsonly

Reaction score
It will not be long before they surpass Samsung in sales. Much more affordable, customizable and great specs. Looking forward to see how they approach the US market.
I think the days of a phone costing more than a laptop are coming to an end...

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I don't see Apple allowing them into the U.S. Ever.