Xiaomi Announces Yi Action Camera For $64 To Compete With GoPro

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Xiaomi has come a long way from their MIUI Rom humble beginnings back in 2010. They are now worth $46 Billion, and now outsells Samsung in China. They have also been developing many other products like TVs, headphones, and even a smarthome ecosystem. They operate on a Low-Cost Model aiming to acquire as many users whom they can sell services to in the future. This means they can offer a higher specd camera at a lower price. The Yi Action takes 16mp stills and 1080p video at 60fps. That is compared to the GoPro entry level camera which sells for $130 which takes 5mp stills and 1080p video at 30fps. The camera is waterproof up to 40meters just like the GoPro. While this is an awesome sounding camera it isn't likely that we will actually be able to get our hands on one. This will be sold in China only in the ordinary flash sale style that we have seen from Xiaomi in the past.

Via WSJ

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I've started to get into quad copters a lot and my next jump is actually into FPV flight (first person view). Two cameras are common, one for what you see and the other to just record. Anywho, I recently bought a Mobius Action Camera that is a direct competitor to the GoPros too. It arrives tomorrow. This camera however has my interest too. 1080p at 60fps sounds awesome though! I'll keep my eyes out on the FPV forums and sites like massdrop for one of these.