Xfer music from MS Zune to Droid

purdueengineer

Reaction score
My wife and I have had a Zune from the begining. I use the software to rip and organize our music. I also download music from their market place. The problem I'm having is: The music I rip into the software, weather it i s.WMA or .MP-3 will work. But the music I download from the market place does not show up. I created a folder on the SDcard called "music", and placed the folders in it.

The only diffrence between the two is, when I checked the proporties of the file, the downloaded music says protected.

What do I need to do to get all of our music on our Droids?

Are there any apps for the Droid that will manage my music after I get it all on it?

Thanks for the help

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
You're going to have to somehow remove the copy protection from the music files. You could burn the music to a CD, then rip it back to the computer, or find one of the programs that can do it... However, that is one reason I never buy DRM'd music, I tend to buy from sources like Amazon or others that offer non-drm'd files.

dmasini

Reaction score
Just make sure when you buy an album off of Zune Marketplace you buy the MP3 version. I got suckered into gettting the DRM version a couple times and had to burn it to a CD then rip it to get the music on my car's HD. If they have an MP3 version of an album it'll have a small MP3 icon in the lower left of the album art.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
tunebite. it plays your music and simultaneously records another copy, but without the DRM... so you can then delete all the original stuff. it's not perfect, you have to play with some file names and tags or whatever, but it gets rid of the DRM.

tunebite isn't the only program, but i like it.