xda jb update?

justin482005

Reaction score
instead of waiting for the over the air update for jelly bean I went ahead and installed it manually myself and now it seems to be a lot less battery life (yes I read the other thread) so when I was wondering if I should go ahead and do a factory data reset and then do the over the air update for jelly bean any thoughts? Also this question is about over all performance which is best?

OP
justin482005

justin482005

Reaction score
Basically what I'm saying is it's not just about the battery life but would it be better such as stable faster just all around performance if I was to do a factory data reset on my phone and then update it through over the air state of where I went xD a website and download it and flashed it through odin

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
instead of waiting for the over the air update for jelly bean I went ahead and installed it manually myself and now it seems to be a lot of battery life so when I was wondering if I should go ahead and do a factory data reset and then do the over the air update for jelly bean any thoughts?
Me ah!!,speak ah!!,no eng la!!!:blink:

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Basically what I'm saying is it's not just about the battery life but would it be better such as stable faster just all around performance if I was to do a factory data reset on my phone and then update it through over the air state of where I went xD a website and download it and flashed it through odin
I did a factory reset after the release of JB.Im still having lag issues,but not bad,I can live it.

OP
justin482005

justin482005

Reaction score
I did a factory reset after the release of JB.Im still having lag issues,but not bad,I can live it.

Ok yeah thats what I was asking, I was mainly wondering if suxh things like google now may would have had differences from the xda site to the OTA. I was using the google talk keyboard thats why my text was all screwed up lol. So nothing really that I would have to do a data reset for?

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
It all depends on what's causing it.

There are tons of solutions out there for tons of problems. Google search them, try them all, and if none of them work, then a FDR will be your last choice.

OP
justin482005

justin482005

Reaction score
It all depends on what's causing it.

There are tons of solutions out there for tons of problems. Google search them, try them all, and if none of them work, then a FDR will be your last choice.

Ok ill try that only that seem to have changed was the battery life and I have read the other thread. I guess its just something that happened to some people when they updated.