XBOX One or PS4: Which to buy?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
xbox-one-vs-ps4-970-80.jpg

Both consoles have been out for quite awhile and at this point both manufacturers have fixed major bugs and established their line in the sand. As a person looking to maybe invest in one I am opening this forum to hear the opinions of XBOX One and PS4 users to help me determine which route I should go.

Yes I know I can type in "XBOX One vs PS4" on Youtube but I would rather here what you guys think.

Personally I am a casual gamer who may play madden every now and then and I may be better off going with the Nvidia Shield Android TV, but state your point for both casual gamers and hardcore gamers alike as someone may stumble on this thread in a search engine.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
I have owned both so I have experience with the pros and cons of both platforms. I can honestly say: which exclusives are you looking for is the only reason to choose one over the other. Unless you really want to control your TV from your Xbox. Although it was hilarious that I plugged my PS4 INTO my Xbox One HDMI slot just for kicks. I eventually sold my Xbox One because there was absolutely nothing I was interested in playing on it (now or even in the next few years). PSN does have a nice casual market for Indie games, however you'll see Xbox One usually get well-known casuals like...Plants vs. Zombies or Peggle. One thing I do miss about the Xbox One: the controller. Man did I love that controller beyond belief. I would even play PC games off of it. So comfortable and sturdy. I've actually gone through 3 PS4 controllers because of broken triggers but never had one issue with the Xbox one controller. I'm also a hardcore player and play A LOT.

Also, don't knock the handhelds either. Although, I'm just going to tell you to get a 3DS. The casual market on that mimics free-to-play on Android but the games are actually well-made in my opinion. Now I'm going back to playing Xenoblade Chronicles...

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I give more time to the PS4 than I do my XBone. I prefer the interface better. I haven't even connected the motion sensor to the XBone yet to give it a shot.

Unlike Nick, I prefer the PS4 controller over the XBone controller.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The ps4 is definitely more gamer oriented, compared to the Xbox One which is media oriented. I have owned a 360 just to play a few exclusives but quickly sold it after I beat those games.

I personally own a ps4 and play it every now and then from time to time, usually I get in a game or two of NBA 2k15 at least one or two times a week.

I chose the ps4 for multiple reasons:
1. The price.
2. Superior hardware
3. Exclusives (I really can't wait for Uncharted to come out)
4. PSN (I had a great experience with PS Plus on my ps3 and it's continued on with my ps4)
5. Friends were all getting ps4 too
6. Design (It's one of the best looking consoles ever. I mean just look at it for awhile from all angles, there are no bad angles)

It all comes down to what types of games you play and who you're going to play with. All my friends own ps4 so we would play games online.

I guess if I had to fall into a camp throughout my gaming years, it'd be Sony though. Microsoft managed to enrage the gaming community before the consoles even dropped and then backpedaled, that was proof they weren't confident in their own concept. I can't support a company that backpedals so quickly from their original plan. It was a sign of them resigning this generation's console wars imo.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Microsoft managed to enrage the gaming community before the consoles even dropped and then backpedaled, that was proof they weren't confident in their own concept. I can't support a company that backpedals so quickly from their original plan. It was a sign of them resigning this generation's console wars imo.

Support, backpedaling. To me these are political terms; not terms to describe a company attempting to make money. Microsoft at least tried and after so much backlash and listening to the fans... They looked after their profit more than their original concept. Of course I'm a person who could care less what the gaming community 'feels.' They've only proven cognitive dissonance should substitute quality, in my opinion.

Last edited:

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
I've been an avid xbox fan since the original. I've owned a xbox ,xbox 360 and now a xbox one. I have also owned a ps and a ps2.

My personal opinion is that the game exclusives for Xbox are superior. Along with fable and the halo series, the controller and Xbox live support are the weighing factors.

I also find that the Xbox one vs ps4 screen layout and navigation is more fluid and easier to navigate through. They offer multiple free games each month and have been nothing but pleasing experiences when dealing with customer support if neccisary.

Sent from my Note 4

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
Xbox One Live = Multi-player and Entertainment. PS4 = Solo gamers.

Xbox One Controllers fit the hand better for extended game play.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
PlayStation 4 and XBONE users have you seen anything at E3 that gave you confidence in your console or made you consider switching.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've never paid too much attention to the Playstation info. I'm content with Xbox. Definitely glad for backwards compatibility coming in. Hoping developers give permission for their games to be made available.

I knew it wouldn't be backward compatible when I bought it. My cousin wasn't so lucky & they sold their 360, but kept some games.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I'm not a big on line gamer so paying for Xbox live just to use Netflix is what drove me to PS. Now that I have it I enjoy it much better. I have been a Ratchet and Clank fan since day one so that is another plus.

Note 4Tified

grrouchie

Reaction score
I have both and the ps4 gets almost all of my gaming attention. My xbone collects dust even though I do have games for it.
Last gen it was reversed

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
I have both and the ps4 gets almost all of my gaming attention. My xbone collects dust even though I do have games for it.
Last gen it was reversed

Same for me. That is probably why they decided to do backwards compatibility on the One. People will play it more! XD Just messin'. I was the same way though. Nothing really amazed me about the One and not a huge media consumer when it comes to my consoles. I have a desktop computer for that. I really loved plugging my PS4 into my One's HDMI port though just for kicks! I'd trick my friends by hiding my ps4 in a cabinet and be like, "Look. I hacked my One to play both!" Needless to say they eventually caught on and scolded me for it.