Xbox Branded Pot in the Future? Microsoft Invests in a Legal Weed Startup

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
microsoft-pot.jpg

Here's some odd Off Topic news for you folks today...

Microsoft just invested in a startup company called "Kind." What makes this newsworthy is that this company's purpose is to track marijuana plants from "seed to sale," and help legal dealers comply with laws. Yep... it's a legal pot company. Microsoft can do this because the sale of marijuana is legal in Washington state.

The fact that Microsoft has taken this step is a potentially big risk, but could open a doorway to legitimacy. Most banks and conglomerates in corporate America still see the legal weed industry as sketchy at best. Now that one of the largest tech titans in the world has taken that first plunge, we might see the reluctance begin to fade as more corporations see the potential for profit in that industry.

It isn't likely we will see Xbox branded pot available anytime soon, but it's still a bold move for the company, and could lead to a larger acceptance across the country. Here's a statement from Microsoft's Kimberly Nelson, "We do think there will be significant growth. As the industry is regulated, there will be more transactions, and we believe there will be more sophisticated requirements and tools down the road."

Source: The New York Times

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Great idea. Get in on the ground.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Awesome idea. Kill their brain cells with video games, AND pot at the same time. The zombie apocalypse will be a bunch of drooling, twinkee-eating millennials.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I know a lot more non-millenials who play video games.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So how is that not a good move?

Invest in the product that helps keep your customer glued to your product. You got to spend money to make money.

What next, we find out that Microsoft is going to give a free bag of Doritos and a bong in a Xbox combo pack?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
MS must be banking on more and more states legalizing pot as there is not enough money in the state of WA alone...

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
MS must be banking on more and more states legalizing pot as there is not enough money in the state of WA alone...
There's already a few states and I know it's up for vote again this year for us.

46f6335dbd8b6a453608af7765dd0c58.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wait Baltimore alone would.....

You know what, I think I'll hold off bashing on Baltimore, don't want them getting mad at me.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Now if the govt/FDA would just release those proven cures & treatments for cancer they've been hiding from the public for the past 4 decades we'd be in good shape.

S5 tap'n